Our Journey continues

(Photo above it Bo's summons Alex) 

We've been walking for about two days now and I would be lying if I said my feet weren't killing me. I yawned as we continued our journey down the dirt trail. Naruto kept his pace with me behind Tsunade and Jiraiya. The walk was pretty quiet as we were all tired and begging for a place to sleep.

"Come on you pervy sage can't we just stop for the night!" Naruto whined as he broke the silence

"I gotta agree with the kid Jiraiya I'm beat" I yawned placing my hands into my pockets

"We're almost there, suck it up and keep walking" Jiraiya spat as he continued forward

"ALMOST THERE! WE STILL HAVE AT LEAST ANOTHER DAY AND A HALF" Naruto yelled as he stomped his feet like a child

"Exactly, it's still daylight out so we walk until it's dark. That way we get there as soon as possible" Jiraiya stated simply

"Fine, but you're paying for dinner" Tsunade chimed in

"Deal" Jiraiya laughed

We kept walking, carrying small conversations to pass the time. We played a couple games of Ispy but Naruto kept losing so he gave up. I felt the cool breeze blow against my mask cover cheeks as the sun slowly started to set. Silence surrounded us as we tiredly made our way to the next town. The silence allowed my mind to wonder, thinking of what being back in the leaf village would be like. I smiled to myself as I thought of being home again, but my heart tightened at the thought of everyone hating me for leaving. As I thought about everyone I left behind I remembered Naruto saying the village had been attacked. I wondered if he was okay? My mind wandered to the darkest thoughts as I thought about coming home to all the people I cared for being dead once again.

"Jiraiya" I spoke softly, my voice barely above a whisper

"Yeah?" Jiraiya responded with the same gentleness I had spoke with

"Is-is Kakashi okay?" I asked slowly my eyes never leaving the grounds

"He's been better" He stated simply "Right before we left the village Kakashi and a few other jonin were attacked by Itachi and his buddy. Kakashi tried to fight back but even with a skill set like his, he was no match for Itachi. Kakashi and Itachi's younger brother Saskue are both in the hospital thanks to Itachi."

I felt my heart clench at his words "Oh" was all I could manage to say

"Don't worry Bo, he will be just fine as soon as we get back and Tsunade can take a look at him" He gently grabbed my shoulder reassuring me that everything would be okay

"Itachi Uchiha, he's a member of the Akatsuki. He possesses the most powerful sharingan of the Uchiha clan and is also the person responsible for the annihilation of the clan" I stated as I continued to walk with Jiraiya

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, how did you know that?" His face held a confused look as he spoke

"Orochimaru used to run with the Akatsuki a while back so I made it a point to familiarize myself with each member. I did my best to keep tabs on all of them but when Orochimaru went his own way I followed after him leaving the other members behind"

"LOOK THERE'S THE NEXT TOWN" Naruto's voice erupted from out of nowhere

"It's about time, I'm starving" Tsunade sighed

I smiled at the blond haired boy as we continued to head into town. We found the nearest ramen shop and we all took a seat at the far corner table. I yawned as we waited for our food. After this we only have a day and a half before we get back to the leaf, maybe just a day if we moved fast enough. I zoned off staring at the space in front of me. I didn't even notice that my food had been placed right under my nose. My mind was a blur as I stared at nothing in particular. Just as my vision was becoming blurry due to not focusing on anything I felt a sharp pain on the top of my head. I yelped as I brought my hands up the spot on my head that throbbed. I frowned before looking forward at the golden eyed girl who hit me.