Friends don't look at friends that way

I could feel my lungs burn as I tried to hold my breath. I fought to get to the surface, but no matter how hard I tried something was pulling me down further and further. I screamed as loud as I could, allowing the water to fill my lungs. My body burned as I fought to escape whatever was pulling me down. Looking down at the hand around my ankle, I locked eyes with the same hazel eyes I've seen over and over again. Another pair of hands grabbed my other ankle, the blue eyes that were once so warm stared back at me with all emotion drained from them. I screamed again kicking against the hands trying to reach the surface. It was no use, they dragged me further and further down the water. The light started to fade as darkness surrounded me. I stopped fighting back, the water choking the last bit of air out of my lungs. I felt the hands travel from my ankles to my thighs to my waist all the way until the pairs of hands were tightly wrapped around my arms. The faces finally came out of the darkness, my mother and father stared back at me with blank expressions.

"You should have died with us" My father whispered in my ear

A chill ran down my spine as I began to fight back

"Why are you fighting us sweetheart? Don't you miss us?" My mother whisper in my other ear

"You should have died that night, the same way we did" My father's voice seemed to fade as I pulled my arm out of his grasp

"Come back to us sweetheart, we miss you baby" My mother wrapped her hands around my throat

She pulled me down with her as she fell further and further into the dark abisc. I could feel my lungs burning as my vision began to darken. I fought as hard as I could, after what seemed like forever I finally managed to break free. I pushed as hard as I could but to no avail. I was still stuck, slowly losing consciousness.

"You belong her darling" My mother's voice rippled through the water

"Deep down, you know you want to die" My father whispered

I felt my body being pulled from the water, an arm gripped mine dragging me to the surface.

I felt my body jolt awake, Kakashi was sitting next to me on the bed holding my shoulders. I sighed in relief seeing his face.

"It's okay, I'm here" He said wrapping his arms around my body

I felt the tears streaming down my face as I wrapped my arms around his torso. I tried to breath but it still felt like I was drowning. I felt Alex's cold nose press against my face as he pushed himself in between Kakashi and I. He looked up at me with worried eyes, licking the tears from my cheeks

"I'm okay Alex, it's okay" I nod running my fingers through his fur

He licked my face one more time before climbing off the bed and laying in the chair Kakashi was once sitting in. I ran my hands over my face and through my hair taking a few deep breaths as I stared at Kakashi's hands.

"Are you okay?" Kakashi asked gently as he brought his hands back to my shoulders

"Y-yeah, just a bad dream" I continued to stare at the bed

Kakashi brought his hand to my face, gently placing it under my chin and pushing up so I was forced to look him in the eye. His eyes scanned mine, looking for any indication that I was lying. He gave me a small smile before pulling me back into his body.

"I'm sorry I woke you up" I whispered into his chest as I closed my eyes and listened to his heartbeat

"You didn't, I wasn't asleep" He whispered back

"Why?"

"I just couldn't sleep is all"

I pulled away looking at him, he looked tired. I gave him a small smile before pulling him down to lay by my side. I turned to face him and he did the same. I stared at him for a moment just admiring him. I focused on the sound of his heartbeat, listening to it always seemed so calming, he always seemed so calm. The sound of his heartbeat was the only thing that filled the silence of the room. I felt myself being pulled towards his chest, his hands wrapped around my waist as he pulled me close and kissed my forehead through his mask.