Part 8

Author's Note: This part does include violence as seen in the movie this story is based off. If you know what to expect already, well, you clicked here right? Enjoy the next part.

We followed the tire tracks the truck had left, and they led us to a temple in a cliffside. The truck was empty, so they were inside the temple. We all went inside and came upon a giant room. The Nazis were inside, and so was their leader. Indy told us his name was Walter Donovan. When we got in, we quickly got behind some rocks.

Cassidy and I recognized Dr. Schneider right away, with her blond hair back in a bun. We were there for about five minutes, but then I felt something touch my back... and it looked like a gun barrel. The Nazi behind me was pointing with the gun to go out into the big area. I pointed my head to be sure that was where he wanted me to go. He pointed the gun in the same direction twice, so that was where he wanted me to go. Just before I moved, I saw a couple more soldiers coming in behind the one who had the gun pointed at me. I started coming out with both of my hands on my head. Eventually, the soldiers made the rest of the group come out as well.

"Well, if it isn't Indiana Jones. And you've brought some pals as well." Donovan said as we came closer. Just from the way he was talking, I could tell he was the annoying kind. But just before I knew he would stop talking, he starts up again. "Who do we have here?" Donovan said as he walked up to Cassidy and me. "Heheheh, well, it's the two girls that have been causing me so much trouble."

"How do you know about us?" I asked.

"My soldiers told me about the break-in at the castle, and they mentioned two girls who had disguised themselves as soldiers," Donovan replied.

"What do you want from us?!" Cassidy asked.

"I am here for my prize, the Holy Grail... And you helped me find it. If I didn't have the map that Dr. Jones had, I would have never found it."

"Why you little...!!" I started walking toward Donovan, but then he pointed a gun at me.

"Unless you want a bullet in your chest, I suggest that you don't come any closer," Donovan said. "Besides, you would be useless to me if that happened."

"What are you saying?" I said, a little angry.

"I'm saying that you are going to find the Grail."

"Me?!? Why?!?"

"Oh... You're young... And you know the diary better than both of the Joneses."

"Not in a million years.." I started walking back toward the group, but I heard a BANG! I'm like 'On no... Who got shot?!' I look, and Indy is leaning against Henry... Indy had gotten shot! Henry set Indy on the ground gently, and he and Sallah were trying to stop the bleeding. Cassidy was about ready to cry... After all we have been through, I wasn't going to stop now. I turned toward Donovan, enraged.

"The only thing that can save your friend's life is the healing ability in the Grail." He said. I wasn't sure if I was ready to do it... I looked over at the group, and Cassidy gave me a thumbs up. I looked at Indy, still seeing the pain he was in, and he looked at me and smiled... That was basically saying, 'You got this.' That gave me a little hope.

I started walking toward the chamber as I was getting the diary out of my pocket. I turned to the page about the traps. 'Only the penitent man will pass.' The first one said. Penitent men kneel before God. There are saws in front of me that come out from the ground. I dodged the saws as I made my way through. When I was through, I pulled a lever to stop the saws. "I'M THROUGH!!" I yelled.

I looked forward and on the floor were a bunch of letters on tiles. I opened the diary again, and the second said, 'Name of God.' I was looking at the tiles, and the name that came to mind was Jehovah... But I hesitated to take a step because something hit me... Latin was a popular language for awhile... In Latin, it was Jehovah... With an I instead of a J. I thought that had to be it. I started stepping on the tiles... I, E, H, O, V, A, H... And I was across. I came to the next room, and almost fell to my death! I stepped back a bit... I opened the diary again. The third said, 'Only a leap from the lion's head will prove his worth.' The leap of faith... I heard Cassidy yell, "Melissa, you may wanna hurry!!!"

I prayed to God to not let me fall in my thoughts. I lifted up my right leg, and I let my weight off my other leg. My right leg hit something, and I balanced myself. I was on a path that had camouflaged itself with the wall. I balanced all the way across and threw some dirt on the trail, so I was able to see it when I went back. I crawled through the hole, and I saw a lot of grails! There was a person in front of me, looked like he was a knight. He drew his sword but fell backward because of it.

"I would've fought you if I wasn't so old." The knight said.

"It's alright... I wasn't looking for a fight anyways." I replied. Suddenly, Donovan and Dr. Schneider appeared from the hole I went through.

"Which one is it?" Donovan asked as he looked at all the grails.

"You must choose... But choose wisely. The true Grail will have healing, but a false grail will meet with disastrous results.." The knight said. Donovan had Dr. Schneider choose for him. She decided on a golden looking grail, with a bunch of jewels on it. He grabbed it from her and took it to a water basin. Soon, he took a quick drink from it. The next part was something I would never forget... He looked fine for a second, but then he rapidly aged right before us, and the bones blew up... That was in my nightmares for a week. Once I recovered from that experience, I walked over to the grails. One plain grail caught my eye.

"Now that's a Grail that a carpenter would drink from," I said, mostly to myself. I grabbed the Grail and went over to the basin. I scooped some water into the Grail and drank from it. I felt fine and a little younger. I looked at the knight.

"You chose... Wisely. But beware, for the Grail cannot cross the seal." He said. I put some more water into the Grail and carefully made my way back to the main chamber, with Dr. Schnider following behind. I took the Grail over to the group, to Indy. I held the Grail up to his lips, and he drank some of the water. I used the remaining water to pour on his bullet wound. Once poured over twice, it looked like there wasn't even a wound there. Once he got some strength back, Cassidy and I helped him up. We were all being happy-go-lucky people with Cassidy actually hugging Indy once. The happy time stopped when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Dr. Schneider grab the Grail.