At My Worst

Alice's POV

My fist plunges into her face, causing her to go limp in my friends arms. They pick her back up for me, one of them yanking her hair back to show her face. Raine's lip has already started bleeding, the crimson fluid dropping down her chin.

"Please..." she begins, "you don't have to do this Alice." She gags and coughs blood onto the bathroom floor. "We can-"

She's cut off by my fist, and my friends let her collapse to the floor this time. She can barely turn herself over to look at me. She looks like a wounded animal. God I love seeing her like this. She mumbles something to herself as I stand above her, but I can't make it out. My friends egg me on, cheering, "Hit her again Alice! Finish her off! Don't give that freak a chance to run!"

Raine stops her mumbling and stares intently at me. She no longer looks scared. She looks pissed. Her whole disposition has changed.

The locker room goes quiet. Finally, Raine spits out, " You hate me because you're weak. You're not strong enough Alice. You're just not strong enough."

"Teach this thing a lesson Alice! Don't let her talk to you like that! Hit her! Hit her Alice!"

An echoing clap rings out, and I fall for a split second before landing in my bed. My arm falls to my side, the muscle still twitching. Catching my breath, I'm blinded by the sun shining in through my window.

Fuck that. I can't believe that was just a dream. That's not how it's supposed to be. That's not how any of this is supposed to be. Sweat begins to trickle through my pores. Fuck that.

"Hey Mini?" I call out. The bottom of my bed glows pink, my phone responding to the built in voice command. Rolling the flannel-textured comforter over, my phone brightens the room, displaying 3 texts. They're all from Nate.

«Hey Girl, finally got expelled.
Shit Braden's unavailable and I can't crash at his place.
Damn I got expelled and you just gonna ignore my texts? Thought you were a homie my guy!»

Tch. That idiot. It's about fucking time he's been thrown out.

<I was sleeping. But hey hopefully you find a place to chill. I can't cause my parents are home rn> I reply back to him.

It's a few mins before he responds, «Ali sleeping? That's new lol.
And yeah principal bitch threw me out for hitting the she-he.
Can you believe it?
Btw there's no need to lie girl! I know your dad don't live with you lmao».

<He's here rn tho. Staying till the weekend.> Buy the bluff idiot.

In actuality, my dads out today, and has been out for the past 6 years. He's currently living in a filthy rich estate with his wife, and their kids. Sometimes he invites me to go live with them, but I decline every time. I've got some stuff here I want to finish. So instead, every month, he makes sure to send me a check for any finances I might need. I already work a part time job, so I've been putting the money aside for college, and my future. Once I finish high school, and the issues with it, I'll get out of this godforsaken town.

Another text pops up.

«Hope you not lying Ali.
But you wouldn't betray your boi right?
Especially with how long we've been buddy-buddies 4.»

I should just block him. I won't have to deal with him anymore now that he's out of the school.

<No ofc not you jackass. My dad finally came to pay me a visit, and he's gonna be here till the weekend. Then he's going back to his retreat. Got it?>

«Damn it really be like that?
Well ok once he gets out of your hair lmk Ali.»

<Sure.> One-Hundred percent sure he's not going to respond back, I hit the block button and our whole conversation disappears. The memes, comments and texts he sent me vanish from my phone's messager. However, the memories will be with me for the rest of my life.

What a relief. That little shitstain has been a thorn in my side for way too long. Now the others won't take his abuse anymore. Of course, there's other shitters still out and about, but if the principal was able to expel Nate, maybe she'll do the same for his lackeys. Or better yet...maybe the others will wind down...and I'll come out on top.

Now there's just one person left I need to take care of...the one person who started this all. If she hadn't gone and been a cunt, all of this could've been avoided. All of this is her fault. I fucking hate her. I hate her. I hate her. I hate her. I hate her. I hate her.