Ch. 28 Visit From the Girl in Louboutins and the Boy in Aviators

I would like to let you know that Southern Belle is a finalist in the Watty Awards Humor: On the Rise. I would appreciate it if you voted for me :* (well, if you like the book).

**Remember to vote and comment**

Inhaling the sweet aroma of my recently heated cup of hot chocolate, I groaned in utter bliss. It was good to be back I must say. I didn't have to worry about tests, homework, or the wrath of students and teachers.

Everything was great.

Or I thought so.

Just as I was about to take a sip of my divine drink, the familiar beep of the doorbell caused me to drop my blue mug onto our wooden floor. I pouted as my eyes roamed from the dark brown puddle to the fragments of ceramic scattered around my chair.

Great. I would have to clean this up after I answered the door.

Gingerly tip-toeing around the shards, I finally reached my wooden door. Once I opened it, I would give the person (or people) a piece of my mind. How dare they interrupt my time with hot chocolate!

God, I was pathetic.

My fingers rapidly flicked opened the lock above the handle and flung the door open. At first, I did a double-take at who was standing before me. Was I dreaming? I had arrived at home at about three in the morning from the hospital, so I wasn't thinking as clearly as I would have.

After blinking a few  more times, I realized that my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.

Standing in front of my door were no other than Nicholas Monroe and his trusty sidekick, Elise Monroe, both dressed in licorice black pea-coats. Elise had on her signature pair of black Louboutins, and Nick was wearing the same aviators from the first time that I had met him.

Why the hell were they here on a Saturday morning?

"Uhh...are you going to let us in?" Elise asked, her voice doubtful and slightly annoyed. She rubbed her hands together to help the warmth rise up her body towards her pale cheeks.

I gulped. "Uhh..yes. Sorry, I just woke up, so I'm kinda delirious." Moving aside from the door frame, I gestured for them to both walk into my kitchen. Cringing, I mentally noted to myself that I should clean up the house often in case of unexpected guests.

Elise's eyes flickered across the room as she took in her surroundings. Although she tried so hard to have a blank veneer, I could see that she was somewhat gagging. My house obviously was something she wasn't used to seeing.

"Is this your...guest house?" At first, I thought she was kidding until I saw her lips were set in a firm line.

I shook my head. "No," I mumbled, "this is my house. My whole family lives here."

Her eyes enlarged, and once again, her stare roamed over the entire place. I didn't know whether she was fascinated that so many people could live in this tiny place or whether she was disgusted by my home. I took the latter.

Scratching the back of my neck, I looked towards the ground. "Not to be rude, but why are you here? We aren't friends, and I can't see why you would visit me."

Way to be blunt.

The brown-haired boy yanked off his aviators and glared at me with his icy eyes. His demeanor matched his heart--cold and unforgivable. Nostrils flaring, he hissed, "What a nice way to welcome us into your home. Especially after what you did to my family."

Taken aback, my jaw plummetted to the floor. Had he seriously reprimanded me in my own home? In a matter of seconds, I regained my composure and threw my index finger towards the door. "If you're going to yell at me in my house, then you should leave now."