𝟎𝟒

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ━═☆

Pain.

Some say that to truly reach happiness you need to go through pain, to value and deserve the happiness, but what
does one do when all they had ever known was sadness, grieve, and emptiness...

Were those bound to eternal pain?

Charlotte didn't cry much, she usually expressed her feelings through writing, face expressions, or pouts. The times she had truly cried for a long time were almost counted in her life.

When her father died, when her sister had to leave them and get on with her life, when Henry died, and of course when the love of her life dumped her for what she liked to think of as his sister.

Angelina and Charlotte were both sleeping in Paulina's bed, holding on to one another. They weren't talking or crying, just neutrally staring into oblivion, the heartache too much for them to talk.

Needless to say, they had cried all of their tears and it was obvious if one took a look at the dried tears on their cheeks, or their soulless eyes.

"I made you two your favorite cookies...?" Paulina sighed, walking into the room with a plate full of the circular chocolate desert. She had never experienced the amount of heartache her best friends were going through, and in all honesty she didn't know how to ease the pain for Paulina, herself, never imagined that either of them would lose the loves of their lives at the same day, or in such ways.

"Well... Can you two at least leave a space for me? You know I like to sit in the middle," Paulina groaned, already on her way to squish herself between the two and just lay there. Charlotte and Angelina involuntarily moved over and after Paulina took her place, they rested their heads on her shoulder.

The Gilbert girl wanted to cry so bad but her responsibility was to make sure she was her best friends' backbone and that when both of them are doing perfectly fine, then she is allowed to let some tears fall.

"It won't be any better if you two stay this way... Talk, I mean let it all out," Paulina's eyes went over to the two before they landed on Charlotte. The Bernard hadn't spoken a word since she had left to meet Stefan, Paulina wasn't stupid and she knew it had to do with Stefan but what could have the Salvatore boy done that was that horrific?

"If he hurt you, I will go kill him now, Charlotte, I swe--"

Charlotte cut off Paulina's threat, muttering, "He didn't do anything."