Chapter Nine

"Thanks Ammy" I hug Amanda when we finally reach the front steps of my home. She chuckles. "That's the fourth time you're saying it. But, you're welcome" I get out of the car, a bright smile adoring my face.

"See you tomorrow?"

"Definitely" she gives me a scout salute and drives away. I wonder about how I have made friends so quickly here. Some changes sure are good. It's already close to sunset, classes were supposed to get over hours ago.

I dial Rome's number as I know that's he's out at some friend's. "Guess what?!" I ask in a pleasant voice as soon as he picks up

"I knew you'd find a job in no time. Who the hell would say no to that face?" he says his voice equally enthusiastic. I laugh as I make my way to my room. "When are you coming back?"

"Jake is in some dire need of grocery shopping and I don't think he's gonna go alone" he says and I feel myself being a bit disappointed. "But... Rhys is gonna be there, in like, fifteen minutes. He can keep you company as long as I return"

"That's good to hear. But, you know, Ray and Rosa are good company too" I repeat his words from last night. I can feel him rolling his eyes at me.

"Yeah. But they're also, like, six years ahead of you in time. They're practically our second parents" he isn't wrong. I might love Rosa with all my heart but I'd rather not be caught up in a house alone with her. She can drive me crazy with all the unnecessary pep talks.

"I don't know why I didn't think of saying this yesterday" I say as I open my room's door. I hear Rome laugh on the other side. But my smile disappears the moment I look the scene in front of me

I groan and mumble "Talk later" before hanging up.

"What the fuck is going on here?!" I say as loudly as I can. Ryker is sitting on my bed, with a girl on his lap, and they are practically fucking each other right here. On My Bed!

Apparently, my words have no effect on them. It seems to me like the girls of WCU all have a hearing problem. And don't even get me started on Ryker. That asshole. I walk towards them and grab the girl's arm and pull her away from him.

"What the fuck is your problem?" she glares at me.

"You're in the wrong room, missy" I say, trying my best to be calm. My eyes find Ryker's to see him smiling lazily. If this keeps on going, I might slap it off one day

"Oh, just mind your own business, bitch" she spits. This girl just ruined my on-top-of-the-world mood and now she's raising her voice at me? How dare she?

"Okay. Now listen, you fucking barbie. You are in MY house, in MY room, on MY bed, with the boy who's part of MY family, so don't you dare show me your fucking attitude!" I snap pointedly. She gives a little gasp and stands straighter. Taking a step closer, she draws out her words, "You really don't know who I am, do you?"

"Am I supposed to care?"

"Oh, darling, you just made your life hell for the rest of the year. No one talks to me like that and get away" she says with a smirk, folding her hands across her chest.

"Spare me the dramatics" I say, holding up my palm "At least I know how to wear a top" I add, a smile playing on my lips. She looks down to see one strap of her top hanging lose around her arm, the top itself pulled so low that her breasts are peaking out. She sets it right rather lazily, not bothered by the show she was giving us, and giving me one last glare, descends down the stairs. "I'll call you" she says to Ryker before disappearing.

"Now, you. Why do I keep finding you with a different girl every day?" I ask, lying down on my back on the bed. Sitting at the edge, he looks down at me and says, "Maybe because you keep stalking me"