Chapter Thirty One

"I'm coming with you" Rhys says, parking his car in front of my workplace and getting out. "What for?"

"I just want to spend time with you. Isn't that enough?" he raises his eyebrows, making me chuckle. "I don't know what it is with your sudden interest in me. I'm the same I was when I came here" I say in a wondrous tone.

"Maybe it was how you felt wrapped in my arms, or the way you warm me all over with your smile or maybe the butterflies that came alive when you kissed my cheek. Or maybe I just have a slow mind who took too long to notice what was in front of me all along"

I look away shyly, leading him inside. "Hey Cara" I greet her as I put my bag in the locker. "This is Rhysand. Rhys, this is Cara. She's my friend" I introduce them both.

"Wow, Rosie. Last time, you were with Roman, this time you're with him. I'm sure you'll bring Ryker on Friday" Cara says exaggeratedly, making Rhys chuckle.

"That's very unlikely. But if you want to keep the chain going, I can ask Ray" I suggest, rolling my eyes.

"By all means, feel free. This place is yours as much as it is mine" Cara jokes.

"Ray won't be here on Friday. Neither will I be" Rhys says. "Why? What happened?" I ask, worry washing over me.

"It' nothing. Just a trip to Columbia. A deal that needs to be finalized. He needs me to go with him" Rhys explains, smiling.

"How long will you be gone?" I ask, my voice full of anticipation.

"Early morning on Friday. We'll come back Sunday noon" Thank God. It makes my Saturday plan a lot easier to implement. I never would have been able to leave the house without Rhys joining or Ray interrogating me.

"That's.... manageable" I say, carefully weighing my words.

"For you, maybe. I'm going to miss you though" Rhys says with a cheeky grin.

"Huh. Another admirer. You're getting a lot of those now a days" Cara comments, furiously typing on the monitor.

"What do you mean?" Rhys asks. Shit. I forgot about Anthony. And today is Wednesday. He'll be here any moment. I look at Rhys's expecting eyes and sigh.

"There's a guy. Anthony. He...." I start but Cara cuts me and continues, "He is totally into her. She just doesn't want to acknowledge it"

"You never said anything about that" Rhys states, his voice a little, sad.

"I don't like him. Something about him seems... off. He's the kind of person who'll threaten the loved ones to get the one he wants. Kind of, you know, obsessive freak" Cara says. This time, Rhys frowns.

"I didn't want to get you involved. I didn't want anyone to get involved. That's why I didn't say anything" I explain.

"You shouldn't be around such people, Rosie. He can hurt you" he's worried. He is worried that Anthony will hurt me. But it wouldn't be the first time someone will do that. It's them I'm worried about. But he can't possibly understand that. So, I keep quiet.

"He's gonna be here today" Cara says.

"I'll talk to him" Rhys declares. My eyes immediately widen and I hold his arm, shaking my head. "No. You will not. I don't want you to provoke him or something. Let's just.... just be with me, let him get a hint that I'm taken. But I'm the one who does the talking" I say, my voice decisive, final.

"You're taken?" he asks, his lips turning up in an amused smile.

"I'll tell him you're my brother" I say with a nod. He shakes his head. "Go ahead. We'll see how that sentence is gonna keep me quiet"