24

So this is what it meant to become one of her blood. Harren laid there in his new form. Iris held him as best she could. She ran her hands over his scales and spoke to him in her home langue. None of us moved. Not even Darren. Yet, we all saw the moment the Queni came back into the room. We saw their imminent fear. Well the fear of everyone but Suna who carried food over to Iris as if nothing had happened. "I believe congratulations are in order. It seems Iris has made you bigger so she can eat more, Harren." 

"I did not," Iris said looking at Suna. "Although I wish I could control such things." 

"What do you mean," Fik asked. 

She turned to look at him, "Your own bloodline decides your secondary form. I just give you the power to awaken it. I have no say in if you are as big as Harren or the size of a bird. Who knows, my next Blood could be a bird." My eyes swung to Darren. If bloodline set form that meant that he too likely was bigger in his second form. A form that was sleeping just below his skin.

"So you did not know he would turn into..." Bacu started.

"He is a Water Drake. Known for their powerful tails and swimming prowess. They unlike their winged cousins, Dragons, can not fly or spit fire. The Water Drake it built to protect, with extremely thick skin and heat resistant scales. They even do well in frozen climates. And they are poisonous. No, I did not know." She turned to Suna then and held out her hands, "Food? Give."

He of course handed it to her without further delay. She began eating without a second thought. The other Queni set the food they made around her. As she ate Harren began to shrink back down, until the Harren I had watched grow up laid there in the Water Drake's place. Only now he was naked. Iris looked at him, "Welcome back to normal," she said around a bite of food. The Queni rushed off likely to get him clothes. Among the Latana nudity was rare and even disrespectful, but the Emperoress did not seem to mind. She actually stared while she ate. When Harren noticed her stares she moved her eye brows up and down at him. He crawled to her with a smile on his face. She giggled and moved her food away from him. 

She glared at him when he stole a bite, but the scent of her joy told us all not to interfere. Especially when she pounced on him and rolled him back onto his back. She bit him again. He warped his arms around her as she drank deep. The sound of Queni running back into the room made her head lift back up. Harren was quick to roll her under him. She did not protest but he ducked his head and rubbed his nose in her hair. She hissed at him and reached for her food. He pulled a plate closer to her reach and sat up. He put her in his lap with the plate. The Queni, of course, gaped at him. To the Zannon race if a female let you do something then you were free to do it. 

The Emperoress was strong enough to hurt him if she needed to but considering the fact he was feeding her while she sat. She was perfectly happy where she was. Not that the Queni were happy about it. They glared at him. Well except for Suna who bounded over and placed the clothes by Harren. Harren, for his part just put his head atop hers and smiled at his glaring group. She pouted when the clock stopped. Please return to your assigned classrooms the second test will begin shortly.