One

1993

Oasis finished their set and walked off the stage at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut. Me and the lads got up to Glasgow a couple of hours ago, after a four hour drive in a battered old transit van, in time for them to do a short performance. I finished off my lager and pushed my way through the crowds of sweaty drunk Scots. I went around the back, following a short dark corridor to a door, which I pushed open.

"Angie you'll never guess what," Noel shouted as I walked into the small crowded room.

"What? Come on, tell us," I urged.

"Creation wants to sign us," Liam butted in, earning himself a crack around the head from Noel.

"You're kidding," I replied, gobsmacked.

"Nope," Bonehead said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Well done lads," I said while hugging Bonehead, "I'm so proud of you lot."

I patted Tony on the back, muttering a small 'well done'.

I kissed Guigsy's cheek and wrapped my arms around him, "I'm proud of you Guigs."

"Thanks Ang," he replied, passing me a small coloured pill which I took with no questions.

"Well done Noelie," I said, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Thank you love, I still can't believe it," Noel grinned.

"Well you best believe it, you lot will be leaving me soon," I said, faking a smile.

"What d'you mean?" Noel cocked his head slightly as he pulled away.

"You will be famous soon enough. You won't be sticking around in this shit 'ole when you can go any fuckin' place you want. I'll be stuck here working in a pub or summat," I replied, leaning in to his shoulder.

"You know we won't leave you behind. You mean too much," Noel pouted.

"You say that now but you'll be amped up on alcohol and drugs. I'll be forgotten. That's just the way it's supposed to be," I said as I walked over to Liam, feeling the pill kick in.

"Liammmmm," I shouted in his ear.

"Angieeeee," Liam shouted back.

"I'm so proud of you," I said hugging him.

"Thanks Angie," Liam said, "We're gonna be the best fuckin' rock 'n' roll band ever."

"I don't doubt it," I grinned, "Get us a drink.

"Get one yerself, lazy git," Liam poked my side and flopped on the manky settee behind us.

I sat down beside him, leaning into his side.

"Guigs, get us a drink. Liam's being a twat," I shouted over to Guigsy who was eyeing up a girl near the fridge.

He pulled out a bottle, getting Bonehead to pass it to me and making a move on the poor unsuspecting lass.

1994

"Liam I'm gonna miss you like fuckin' crazy," I said pouting.

Oasis had released Definitely Maybe and it was going down a storm. They were starting their first international tour and I was staying here in Manchester on my own. Liam tried to get me to go but I just couldn't. I'd be no use anyways. I'd just be in the way.

"I'll miss you too, Ang. Don't go fuckin' soft on me, you daft twat," Liam grinned, kissing my forehead and hugging me.

"I canny help it love," I smiled.

"You'll be fine. I'll see you when we get back," Liam said before getting in the van and heading to the airport.

I stood on the Gallagher's front lawn, alongside Peggy, waving them off.

"Come on Angie, love, let's go inside and have a cuppa," Peggy said, putting her hand on my arm.

"Alright," I said quietly and followed her in the house.

"They'll be back before you know it," Peggy said.

"I know but it's still weird without 'em causing havoc," I smiled softly.

Little did I know that I, Elizabeth Angela O'Connor, wouldn't see Liam until the year 2000.

Let's all meet up in the year 2000
Won't it be strange when we're all fully grown
Be there, 2 o'clock, by the fountain down the road
I never knew that you'd get married
I would be living down here on my own
On that damp and lonely Thursday years ago
Disco 2000, Pulp