10. Homeless

The new chapter is up. This chapter didn't come out well like I want it to be but I hope that you will still like it. This chapter is sooo long that I have to split it in 2 parts, the next chapter is finished but will update it next week. Have fun reading it.

The song is Calum Scott-You are the reason

***********************************

Wang Yibo's POV

My bodyguard went a few minutes ahead of me to drive the car out of the basement. I pick up my smartphone on the table and stuff it in my pocket after turning off the laptop and making sure that everything is left properly according to the order. However I notice a wad of keys on the table as I am about to leave the office. The wad of keys isn't familiar to me but I can guess who the owner must be. Probably Xiao Zhan forgot it here when he panicked and hurried out of the room as soon as I approached him. This idiot...  What does he think I am... His f'cking bully... I was about to take a document out of the shelves and he got scared like a puppy that I would hurt him. He thinks that there're only bad thoughts swirling in my mind... I don't think that I hurt him that much for him to fear me whenever I get close to him. I was lenient toward him if you ask me to grade the way I treated him. Look at how bad my enemies always ended whenever I set myself to torture them. If I really tempted to get rid of him then he wouldn't be here but get far away from me as he can. He might be stubborn and not an easy opponent but the fact that he is still alive and healthy instead of lying dead 8 feet under the earth in a forest is a proof that I didn't try to deal with him properly. If I really wanted to harm him then he'll physically or mentally damaged. He should be lucky that I went easy on him the whole time.

I go to the table and take the wad of keys. This item is very important and so expensive that a cleaner who lost it will have to be held responsible for everything that will happen after losing the keys. If a thief uses the keys to get access to the building and steals an important business related files  or the company has to change all the locks for safety reasons then Xiao Zhan has to pay for all the damages because he caused them. You can say that this many keys can lead to a chain of bad luck and he would end up wishing to die instead. I can hide the keys and fire him for being irresponsible, losing them and giving the opponents the opportunity to steal our documents to attack us. To be honest, I could turn his life upside down if I was cruel toward him or obsessed to let him lose his job like before. See that's what I mean that I could've get rid of him long time ago if I give any effort to reach my goal.

He's probably searching for the keys and must be worried sick. Maybe I should bring it back to him. He'll thank me if I do that, right? A picture appears in my mind, I see how Xiao Zhan is smiling at me, taking the keys and bowing his head many times while thanking me nonstop for saving him. His eyes are shining, probably because of those tears of joy filling them. He's giving me the brightest smile. This is only my imagination how he will react when I give him the wad of keys he thought he lost. If he don't feel grateful toward me and see me as his life saviour who saved him from losing his mind and his posession like in my imagination then I can assure myself that he hates me. My lips curve up, a faint smile appears. I don't know why I am smiling but I guess I want him to think of me as his life saviour. That's not bad at all... 

Instead of taking the elevator down to the lobby and meet with my bodyguard, I let it drive me further down to the basement. Unfortunately my mysophobia reappears in the surface and lets my body freeze on the spot out of fear as soon as the door of the lift opens. My mind is telling me not to go over there, it keeps repeating over and over that there are dirts everywhere and I shouldn't go there. The basement is a dirty place, full of filths and many people gather down here to drive their car outside while making more gas in the air. That's one of the reason why I never set foot in this place. My heart wants me to go over there to the changing room of the cleaners but I can't move further forward.