III

Barbara POV

He's back. And he's kissing me. He's kissing me-! My cheeks flush, and I push him off. Although a small part of me didn't really want to. Why did a small part of me not want to?

"Aww, c'mon babes! I've been gone for so long! This is how you greet me? Rude." He grins as he notices my blushed face, but doesn't say anything. "You and Adam made brownies? Can I have one?" I gawk at him.

"Excuse me? You tried to kill all of us three months ago, and now you're asking for a brownie?" I cross my arms. Is he serious? Who does he think he is? He blinks at me.

"...yeah. What's wrong with that? I jus' want a brownie."

"Well, you can't have one. At least not until you explain to me why you're back." I sit on the edge of Lydia's bed, next to Charles, and glance between the three of them.

"Okay, this one was me." Lydia speaks up. "He found a way to talk to me from the Netherworld and I just missed him so much and I-"

"Yeah, Babs, all her fault." Beej jokes. I can't help but smile. "Wow, look, Lyds! I got a smile outta her!" He chuckes. I roll my eyes.

"You're difficult." I shake my head. "So who knows? That you're back?"

"Just you three." He shifts his gaze between me, Lydia, and Charles. "But might as well get it over with, right?" He brushes past me and walks out of Lydia's room and shouts, "Hey, family! You're favorite demon's back!" I follow him as he goes downstairs into the kitchen. Adam has the brownies nicley plated, but drops the plate when he sees Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice shrugs. "Floor brownies are still good." He kneels and picks up the browies, shoving them into his mouth.

"I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming. This is not real. He's gone." Adam closes his eyes and shakes his head. Beej looks up with chocolate on his face.

"Hey, sweetcheeks. Miss me?" He stands and presses his lips to Adam's, dipping him a bit.

Adam POV

I barley have time to think before I feel his lips press to mine. I shove him as hard as I can. "Ack-! Get away!" He grins as I wipe my mouth off. Barbara comes to my side and asks if I'm okay. "I'm fine." My tone is sharp, and I look into her eyes to see a little bit of hurt in them.

"O-okay. Sorry." She looks at her feet. Why the hell is he back? Who summoned him? And why hasn't anyone kicked him out yet?

"Barbara, how could you let this happen? Remember what he did to us? To you?" I scoff and cross my arms

Her mouth hangs open just a little bit. "What-? Me? I just found out! I had nothing to do with it!" Yeah, right. This was probably her idea. I see the way she looks at him. Ever since we met him, something's been different. She's been different.

"Hey, Adam, Babs isn't lying. Lyds is the one who summoned me." Beetlejuice sort of moves himself in-between us. "And I wouldn't say she's too happy about it either. So,, don't blame her. Okay?"

"Uh-huh. And how do I know that you're not lying so I don't find out about your little thing you have going on." I raise my eyebrows.

"What thing?" Barbara asks.

I scoff. "I'm not stupid. I have eyes, Barbara. I see how you two look at each other." She glances at Beetlejuice quickly before turning back to me, a confused expression painted on her face. "Yeah, okay. Save it. I know you like him. I've known forever." She steps closer to me, her face inches from mine.

"You think that? Adam, I love you. And I always have." She looks like she's telling the truth. But every time they've locked eyes, I've seen something. Something that I've never seen when she looks at me. I push her away.

Beetlejuice POV

I watch it unfold. Then he shoves her. My hair almost glows red as I march right up to him, getting in his face. "Don't fucking touch her ever again or I swear to god you'll regret it." I turn around to face Barbara. She looks confused. I wrap my arms around her and press my nose into her hair. "I got you, Babs." She hugs back, which surprises me, and a few imperceptible streaks of my hair fade from red to pink.

"See? Am I right, or am I right." Adam looks at us. "This is messed up." I feel my hair go fully red again as I turn to him.

"I'm sorry, we're messed up? You just shoved your wife after she told you that she loves you! What's wrong with you?" I growl.

"I barley touched her." He remarks. I shake my head and walk up to him, still in front of Barbara.

"Want me to barley touch you?" I raise my fist, and Barbara grabs my arm. I turn around, and she's staring into my eyes.

"Beej, I'm fine. Really." She pleads. I look at her, then Adam, and slowly lower my hand. The glow from my hair slowly goes down and I sigh.

"If he ever hurts you again, call me." I turn to Adam. "And you-" I point at him. "apologize to her. Right fuckin' now." I watch as he hesitantly turns to her and says that he's sorry, looking at his feet. "Great. Now go have makeup sex." I laugh as I watch both of their faces flush. "I'm kidding. Unless you want to. In which case you should invite me."

"Did you just ask them for a three-way?" I turn around. Danielle is standing in the doorway, staring at me.

"Donna!" I smile and wrap her in a hug.

"Delia."

"Gesundheit."

Sorry for the short chapter. If you liked it, consider voting and giving me a follow? I follow back!

I hope everyone's doing well and is staying in good health. Do not go anywhere unless it's necessary!! Remember you are loved and wanted. Messages are always open for rp, or if you just need to vent to someone.

~Maddie 🖤