VII

Lydia POV

Okay. Everything's ready to go. Plain black tee-shirt, fishnets, mom jeans, and platforms. And my favorite choker necklace, of course.

 And my favorite choker necklace, of course

(minus the tattoos, obviously)

I think I spent all day planning my outfit, doing my hair, and showering. Lots of showering. I think I took five, maybe six showers. But it's my first time! I don't wanna embarrass myself.
Anyway, there's no way I can tell my dad. So Beej is gonna have to drive me over. Can he drive? We'll find out, I guess. I hum softly as I look around for him.
"Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice." I tap my foot impatiently as he appears in front of me. He looks worried.
"What's up, Lyds? I gotta get back to Babs, so just try to make it quick, okay?" He says.
I tilt my head. "What happened with Barbara?" I've been in my room all day, so I guess I missed a lot.
"Long story short, Adam's an asshole and beat the shit out of Babs, then I beat the shit out of him, and Charlie kicked his sorry ass outta the house. Oh- and Barbara kissed me."
It takes me probably about thirty seconds to process everything he just said. "Well shit, I did miss a lot. Is she okay?"
He shrugs. "More or less. Just sore. Now what do ya need?" He asks.
I feel my cheeks turn a slight shade of pink. "Um- remember Hailey? My phone screen? Rich girl?" He nods. "Well- um- I'm going to her house. And her parents aren't home. They're gone for the weekend. And I need a ride over. Also-" I put my hands out so he can see. "Are my nails short enough? Or do I need to cut them down more?"
I meet his eyes as a huge grin spreads across his lips. "Okay- lemme get Charlie to take care'a Babs." He looks at my nails. "And those are fine. Go get in the car, I'll tell your dad that I'm dropping you off at just a friends house. Sound good?"
I slowly nod. "And make sure you lie about having a license."
He chuckles. "Will do."

Timeskip- about twenty minutes later

I watch him come out of the house from the car. He grins and holds my dad's keys over his head as he climbs into the car. "Got'em."
"I can see that." I smile and buckle up as he starts the car. "..you do know how to drive though, right?"
"Nope!" He laughs as we pull out of the driveway at full speed. I grab onto the overhead handle.
"What the hell?!! You're gonna kill us!!" I close my eyes. I don't wanna die a virgin.
"Correction: I'm gonna kill you. I'm already dead, remember? Which way do I go?" He chuckles.
I slowly open my eyes and check google maps, every muscle in my body clenched. "Um- left here-"
He rounds the corner and I swear I feel the car tip slightly. "Slow down-!!"
"How do I do that?" He yells back, slamming on the breaks at a red light. A few people beep at him and he flips them off.
"Jesus, just dont press on the break so hard-!" I scream at him. This was a bad idea.
"Okay, okay! God!" He goes through the red light, still going as fast as he can.
"Turn right and pull into the driveway with the fountain-!" I squeeze my eyes shut and await death. He turns a few corners, and we jerk to a stop. I open my eyes. Holy shit. We made it here without dying. I look up at the hoise in front of me. It almost looks like a castle.

         "Holy shit! Make sure to steal somethin' before you come back home

"Holy shit! Make sure to steal somethin' before you come back home." He turns to me and grins. "Besides her virginity, I mean."
I playfully slap his arm. "Shut up. I'm not going to steal anything." I unbuckle and get out of the car, him following me. We walk up to the front door and knock. "Please don't embarrass me. Please."
He smiles. "I won't. Probably." He floats cross legged next to me.
"Beej- get down- I don't wanna scare her." I groan ans try to pull him down.
He makes a bunch of weird offended noises. "But- we always scare people! C'mon, Lyds-"
Hailey slowly opens the door and smiles at me, then she turns her attention to BJ. "How the-"
"Hey there! Hailey, right? Nice to meet ya, kid." He grins and holds out his hand for her to shake, still floating off of the ground.
The color drains from her face as she slowly shakes his hand. "Uh-huh.. Um- am I still dreaming?"
Beej bursts into laughter. "Nope. I'm real as hell! What's'a matter? Never seen a real-ass demon before?"
"Hang on, Hailey." I shut the door and turn to Beej. "What the hell?! You said you wouldn't embarrass me!!"
A little of his hair turns a duller shade of green. "Wha- Lyds! I was just havin' a little fun!" He crosses his arms.
I groan. "You're the only one having fun. And I think I'll take the bus home."
He hesitates, then starts walking back to the car. "Fine! I didn't wanna drive you anyway!" He grows three extra pairs of arms and flips me off with all eight hands as he gets into the car.
I scoff and open the door again. "Sorry. I may have failed to mention that my best friend is a demon." Maybe cracking a joke will ease the awkwardness..?
To my relief, she giggles. "Yeah. I don't remember hearing anything about a homeless-looking zebra man."
I smile and step through the door. She leads me up a spiral staircase and into a massive bedroom.

 She leads me up a spiral staircase and into a massive bedroom

"Woah-! Is this your room?" I look around in awe.
She giggles. "Yeah. It's the smallest bedroom in the house."
"It must be nice to live in a mansion." I smile. "And I bet hide and seek games are really fun."
She covers her eyes. "Wanna test that statement?" She starts counting. I laugh and run out of the room and down the hall.
           "I'm gonna win!" I laugh.
           I hear her yell from the other room. "Hell no you aren't! I've lived here for years, I know every good hiding spot in this house!"

Hi friends! I hope you liked the chapter! if you did, consider voting and giving me a follow? I follow back!
I wrote out a chapter plan for myself so I hopefully won't run out of ideas. But, if you have any, comment them!
Also, the last sentence has a double meaning. So.
As always, message me if you ever need anything! I love you all! And THANK YOU FOR 400 READS!!!
~Maddie 🖤