Medical Student Syndrome

By: 

Medical student syndrome and a look into the human's mind:

Have you ever read an article about a disease, then you started feeling the symptoms of it? For example, you were skimming about the symptoms of cholera, and the main character is an excessive stomach ache, then you felt like it, although you were completely fine before reading such a piece of literacy. Well, there is a good psychological explanation of that dilemma, which is medical student syndrome.

It is a condition frequently reported in medical students, who perceive themselves to be experiencing the symptoms of a disease that they are studying, and the condition is associated with the fear of contracting the disease in question.

I will not keep on progressing about that syndrome though, I will speak about how your mind plays tricks on you and your perception; thus, your personality.

Well, many of us like to read the zodiac signs, right? So when we are reading them we keep on commenting with words like "that's so like me" and "oh! Astrology's a great science" etc..

However, the psychological approach states that zodiac signs may be nothing but a medical student's syndrome. You read that for the next year Aquarius will gain a fortune and you're an Aquarius, so you started working hard because your mind convinced you that you will gain money by the end of the year. Yes, astrology is one of the important branches of science but even twins don't have the same characters.

We can take the assumption to the level of crushes as well. You see a guy/ girl, your mind compare them to the scales of beauty that was embedded in your mind according to the socialization, and bam! the physical attraction occurs and you are crushing on him/ her. That doesn't mean that your crush for that person is fake though, you may are liking each other but when his/her personality gets revealed you feel turned off.

So we need to think carefully before any progressing in our life, maybe it's a medical student's syndrome.

******************************************************************************************