LIFE'S HURDLES IN THE WAY OF AN AUTHOR

By: AyeshaArshad587

༺═──────────────═༻

Aren't non-reader folks Muggles in our Magical World?

༺═──────────────═༻

"Lets Welcome Matt Anvil, the Best Selling Author of the Horror genre", Jimmy Kimmel shouted. The hall erupted into cheers.

"Thank you for such a warm welcome Jimmy", Matt said while waving at the excited audience.

"It's an Honour to have you on my set Man. Have a seat please". Clapping continues and Matt thanks the crowd with the nod of the head with a smile plastered on his face.

"How do you get your books filled up in bookshelves and libraries all over the world Matt?" Jimmy asks with a look of surprise.

Matt laughs, "I can't say. Maybe it's the plot that sets people on fire".

"Or maybe you put in a flick of Paranormal Magic in your text that attracts people," Jimmy said while laughing. The crowd burst into laughter.

"And I recently came to know that your books are a top priority among Children also. How cool is that?"

"Well, yeah I actually aim at all age groups so that it's exciting and mysterious for everyone."

"How do you get such exciting ideas to jumpstart your Book?"

Suddenly, everything turned quiet. Matt opens his eyes to find himself lying on the couch, with a notebook and a pen lying on the floor.

"Huh, it was all a dream. How come? Arrggghhhhhh I was stupid enough to think I was this famous."

He brought himself up in a sitting position and picked up the notebook to see where he left off writing. He had only started Chapter 10 that he dozed off and a whole story lay ahead to be drafted.

There was a burning smell coming from the kitchen. Matt rushed off to the kitchen at once to see smoke all over. He turned off the stove and opened the windows to let the smoke out. He had left pasta boiling in the pan before dozing off. He had a worried expression and couldn't think of what to do.

A gurgling sound came from his stomach. He picked up a bowl of yogurt and a fruit cocktail to ease his hunger pangs and came back to the living room to continue writing his story. He had no idea where to start and from where not to, for he had to submit the story tomorrow morning.

 ༺═──────────────═༻

So what do you get from it? It was just a concise depiction of an author's daily life.

What do you think are the struggles faced by an Author?

Or if you're a writer, you might be having some.

Life is always throwing hurdles in the way of a writer.

How to design a plot, give characters an appearance, generating a climax, and ending a story are considerably the secondary hurdles. Managing life with writing is a primary hurdle.

There are so many worldly factors that offend the putting down of words on a paper by a writer. In fact, no author is alone in this case.

Mostly, every writer goes through this phase of life and the thrifty, successful ones find a way to overcome it. Any person who is committed to pursue writing as a profession needs to find three things and harmonize them: