Nightmares Once More

A/N: I will try to make chapter titles if I can, but if I can't I'll just ask what the title should be after a few people have read it and have any ideas. 

Kaito's POV

I woke up to find Shinichi fast asleep. Knowing him, he probably didn't get much. It was nice of him to actually let me stay the night. Then again, he wouldn't let me out on my own considering that I was hurt.

I could move no problem. I just didn't tell him that it hurt, a lot, to move. The doctors told me that I was going to be okay and wasn't going to die from internal bleeding. I guess that means that I don't have to watch my detective from the heavens.

Wait a minute…… I felt my face warm up and I could tell that I was beet red. Did I just call Shinichi MY detective? I haven't even had the chance to tell him of my feelings and I am already calling him mine. 

I let out a sigh and let my gaze fall to the sleeping detective. There is no way he could ever like someone like me. I am a thief. I steal. It's what I do. Whether it is a gem or something of value, I'll perform a show during my grand heist and take the hearts of my many fans. I'm flattered by the love of their hearts I have stolen; however, it seems that I can not steal the heart of the one I cherish. The one I adore. The one I love.

Shuichi's POV

I'm running. I don't know why I'm running, I just am. No matter how far I run, I can't seem to go anywhere. It is dark and I can barely see anything. Where am I? Why am I here? I tried to see any indication of where I was, but to no avail. I came up with nothing.

I could feel my breathing quicken and my body was tired from running. I turned my head to see if there was something or someone I was running from. No one. I finally decided to stop. I looked down as I caught my breath. My body stiffened at what I saw. 

I lifted my hands to see that they were coated with a liquid in a certain color. Red. Not just any red, but a dark crimson red. A color I was too familiar with. The color I see in many cases. The color of blood. Whose blood was this? I examined myself quickly and saw that it couldn't have been me. I had no wounds anywhere. I looked back at my hands. The blood was still there. Why were my hands stained with blood?

The blood ran down my arm as I had raised them up to examine. I lowered them once more and my gaze shifted to something close in front of me. I walked over. It looked like a human. The closer I got to the human, the more nervous I felt. The person that laid on their side had their back facing me. 

“Excuse me? Are you alright?”

I asked as I turned him to lay on his back. When I saw his face I fell backwards. It was Kaito! His face was frozen with his eyes glossed and his skin was pale. His whole being looked lifeless. I looked up and down at his lifeless body and saw a bullet wound that had pierced his chest. His once pure white Kaito Kid uniform was now red. Stained with his own blood. His heart was hit. He died from a bullet. This blood that was on my hands……..……. was his!

My face was frozen with horror. I suddenly heard laughter. I slowly turned to the sound of laughter, my body shaking in fear. That’s when I saw them. Gin, Vodka, and Snake. I couldn't move. I was frozen still. The Men from the Black Organization. The ones who had turned me into Conan. Snake was holding a gun. His hand had slight signs of gunpowder from the weapon. He was the one who fired the gun. He was the one who killed Kaito. I watched as he aimed the gun at my face. I was still in shock and couldn’t move away. I could feel that I was shaking. I couldn’t stop. I was going to die. Kaito……… He died because of me. This was my fault. These were the ones who were after me because they know that I saw them. They were going to kill me just like they killed Kaito. What was I going to do?  What was I going to do? What was I going to do? What was I……...........

“Shinichi! Come on, Wake up! Shinichi!"

Kaito? Why could I hear his voice? That was when I noticed that Kaito was shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw that he had a worried look on my face. I noticed that my breathing was quicker than it should be. I took a few deep breaths to calm down. After a moment, I was able to speak.

"Kaito?"

"Oh thank goodness, you're awake!" 

He suddenly hugged me and I felt a blush creep onto my face. I didn't hug back for I was surprised at the sudden hug.

"Uh, are you okay?" 

He released me from the hug and looked at me with concern. 

"Am I okay? Are YOU okay? You were asleep and started to freak out. I think you were having a nightmare….."

Oh, right. Kaito is correct. I was having a nightmare. I didn't want him to worry. I had to reassure him that I am okay. I gave a weak smile that was obviously fake.

"Kaito, I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

He gave me a look that was full of uncertainty. I knew he was about to ask a bucket load of questions, so before he could, I left the room, leaving him with much concern.

A/N: I know that trashy1writer3bnha had written a nightmare chapter, but this is how I'm going to get things started. I will keep all the original ships from their book. If you ever want to add suggestions, that would be very much appreciated. I'll work on the next chapter and I hope y'all have a great day or night. :)