A Little Bird Told Me...

I finally finished one of my books and I think this will be the next one to be completed. There really isn't much left for me to do, but I will try to get at least two or three more chapters. Who knows. Anyway, sorry for the long wait.

Kaito's POV

I walk toward my room. Wait, why was she in my room? Didn't I leave Shinichi in there? I walked into my room to find Aoko trying to give Shinichi a glass of water. He was just staring at his hands. Was he okay?

"Aoko, what happened?"

"I think he had a nightmare. He seems pretty freaked out."

I look at Shinichi. I wonder...... Could he not be sleeping because of nightmares? I eyed Berry who fluffed up her feathers and snuggled up against my neck. Glad I will have her watching him. 

"Bakaito, he hasn't said anything since he calmed down after a freak out."

I really was worried about him. This wasn't healthy. I walked over and put a hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me and hugged me. I blushed a little bit. I don't remember Shinichi being like this. I hugged him back.

"Hey, Shinichi? Do you want to talk about it?"

"I... no, I'll just head home. I don't even remember coming here or falling asleep."

He forced a laugh. Something changed in him. I wonder what.....

He got up, thanked Aoko and I and left. Aoko hit me in the head.

"Ow! What was that for?!?"

"Idiot, you should have told him then!"

"No, he doesn't need more pressure on him. If I told him that, he would be worried about the nightmares and how to reject me without hurting me."

"Kaito..... nevermind."

Aoko walked out of the room and left my house. I looked at the small bird on my shoulder.

"Okay, Berry. You know what to do."

Berry chirped and flew off. I turned on my computer and watched through the camera. Shinichi made quite a few wrong turns before he made it home. He clearly wasn't think straight. I hope he is okay. 

Shinichi didn't even notice when Berry flew into his house through the door when he opened it. I was nervous about that, but he took notice to the small bird. That was not a good thing. I was hoping he would head to his room and sleep but no. He went to his father's study and grabbed a book. Really, Shinichi? You want to read when you are exhausted? I am in love with an idiot. I saw him write down something on a paper. I thought it was notes on the book, but when I zoomed on the camera, I saw that it was something to do with his nightmares. He won't talk to me, so I guess I'll have Berry bring that paper to me. 

When she returned, I had her fly back to stay with Shinichi. I wanted to make sure he is okay. I looked at the notes. It looks as if he added notes as the days went on.

Why do I only see Kaito dying?

Every time I close my eyes, I see him and my hands are stained with his blood. 

He will die if he stays close to me. 

I am a bad omen.

Why must I only dream about the one I hold dear to me? 

Why must he always die? 

Why can't it be me? 

He'll only get hurt if he stays near me.

Why was I at his house?

Kaito

How can I tell him, when I want him to stay away?

How can I tell him I love him when he'll only get hurt or worse?

I stopped reading. I only wanted to know about the nightmares. He.... loves me? Did the others know about this? Maybe I should talk to Shinichi. He doesn't need to protect me, but I find it sweet that he cares about me, but I hate how he is not doing so well because of these nightmares. Shinichi, you should worry about yourself. I love you Shinichi, but let me worry about you now. The Phantom Thief will have a visit to his dear detective tonight. 

A/N: Well, I finally updated this book. I hope you don't mind that it was so short. I liked where I ended it and didn't really want to add anything more. Anyway, I shall see you in the next chapter. :)

~Akira

Posted: 11/20/2020