Berry

Aoko's POV

I was coming by to see if Kaito was doing alright. Apparently, Shinichi was avoiding him and Kaito was getting a bit upset about that. I had gone to his house to find that he wasn't there at the moment. He couldn't be gone long, so I thought I would wait for him. I was sitting on the porch when I saw Kaito carrying someone who was unconscious. At first, I thought he was dragging a lifeless corpse, but I realized that it was just Shinichi. I smiled at the sight and was going to ask Kaito everything that happened, but he made a motion with his hand, telling me to stay quiet. I opened the door and watched Kaito drag Shinichi to his room. I sat down on a chair and waited for Kaito. Once Kaito came back I took this time to figure out what happened.

"Bakaito, what did you do this time?"

"Me? I didn't do anything. Haibara called me and we talked for a bit, during the call, Shinichi fell asleep standing up against the wall."

"He just........ Passed out?"

"Yup. Haibara seems worried about him and she has a right to. He doesn't seem himself."

"Why did Haibara call you?"

"She wanted me to keep an eye on Shinichi."

"I see. And that was all?

"She knows about how I feel toward Shinichi, so I think she also wants me to confess as much as you do."

I let out a chuckle. Ran had informed me that she had Haibara in on this arrangement; however, that didn't explain why Shinichi just passed out just moments after Haibara called him. I have a slight feeling she set that up for Kaito to take Shinichi home.

"I think it is sweet of you to take care of your crush."

I saw Kaito blush a bit. He had a small smile on his face. He quickly turned his head, but I had already seen his face. 

"Sh-shut up!"

I chuckled. 

"So, how do you plan on keeping an eye on him?"

"I'm going to have Berry watch him."

"Berry?"

"Yeah, she is a smart dove and of my personal favorites. I have complete faith in her that she can keep an eye on my dear Shinichi."

"Do I even need to point out that you called him yours?"

I smirked. I saw Kaito roll his eyes. I watched as Kaito stood up and headed to a room. 

"What are you doing, Bakaito? 

"I'm going to get my bird. I'll be back in a moment."

With that, he disappeared into the other room. I let out a sigh. These two were dancing around each other. I thought that maybe I should check on Shinichi. 

I walked to Kaito's room to find Shuichi in a cold sweat. I walked over to him. I saw that he was clenching the bed sheets. He was tossing and turning and had a distressed look on his face, yet his eyes were still closed. He was trapped in a nightmare. I quickly shook him. He jolted up, awaking from the nightmare. He was breathing heavy and looking around. His eyes wouldn't focus. 

"Kudo! Calm down! It's just a dream!"

"Where am I? What happened? How did I get here?"

I quickly got out of the room to get Kaito. 

"Kaito!"

Kaito's POV

I walked into the other room and was greeted by many tweets. My many doves. I love every signal one of them. I raised them since they were young. I walked over and looked through the white birds until my eyes landed on one of my more smaller doves. 

"Berry."

The small Dove flew over and rested on my finger. I used my other hand and gave her a small pet on her back. 

"Hey Barry, I have something I need you to do. Something really important."

I got a tweet in response. 

"I need you to was Meitantei for me. Okay? Shinichi Kudo. I really need you to keep an eye on him. Can you do that?"

The little bird gave me another tweet. I smiled at her. Doves definitely the best pet someone could have. I set up a small camera around her leg when Aoko calls my name. What could she want? I tap my shoulder and have Berry rest there as I walk out to see what Aoko wants with me. 

A/N: Hey, I know I don't update this book often, but I thought I should. I had been giving a lot of attention to Be Careful What You Wish For, so I kinda decided to give some love to my other books. I did make a reference to, I'm gonna call her a friend, and I technically put her in here. I had asked if she could, would she be Shinichi's guardian, and I had asked her with full knowledge that I was going to write the chapter this way. She is a great writer and I love her books. Go take a look at BerryBerryBlitz. (Berry, I made you a dove. 💙)

~Akira

Posted: 6/19/2020