10. Sinful

"Thank you for last night" Aliyah said and grabbed her purse, ready to leave.

"You don't have to thank me, I didn't do anything" I told her, I really didn't, she just talked and I listened, nothing serious there.

"For being my friend and understanding" she said.

"You don't have to thank me for that, just get the fuck out my apartment, I want to sleep" I told her and she laughed, then she left, closing the door behind her.

Thanking God it was a Sunday, I climbed my bed and slept some more.

When I woke up, I had a quick shower, put on a sweatpant and a baggy shirt and found my way to a small cafe not so far from my apartment to have breakfast.

I ordered a cup of coffee and frenchtoast and when the waiter brought my food, I dug in immediately.

"Hey you might want to slow down hun" someone said, I looked up at the source of the voice and it was a very hot guy dressed in an outfit similar to mine, just that, where my shirt was grey, his shirt was blue, holding a cup of coffee and he looked oddly familiar.

"You don't remember me, do you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"You do look oddly familiar though" I told him

"Noah, we met at a restaurant, you were out with your boyfriend and you guys argued and you went outside and I followed you" he explained and it clicked. He was the guy that asked me to go back into the restaurant with him.

"I do remember now, it's been a while, never thought I'd see you again" I told him and he smiled.

"Mind if I join you for breakfast?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Please, help yourself" I told him and he nodded and sat down across from me.

"So, I don't see your boyfriend anywhere?" He said, referring to Antonio, I smiled.

"He's not my boyfriend" I corrected "and he's not here because, he's not supposed to be" I added.

"Woah, it sure as hell seemed that way that day at the restaurant though, he was overprotective, that was one of the reasons why I agreed to leave" Noah said, taking a sip of the coffee he held.

He put the coffee down on the table and smiled at me.

"Well, yes, we were out on a date that night but, things didn't work out between us and you know, I decided to let it be" I explained.

"Oh, so, you're free to be mine now?" He asked and I laughed

"No, I'm not" I told him and he smiled.

"I never thought I'd see you again, I thought he'd lock you up in his house since he didn't like the fact that we all had our eyes on you that night" he joked and I smiled.

"He definitely didn't like that" I added and he laughed.

"So, enough about him, what's up with you?" He asked and that, is how I spent three hours at the cafe.

Noah's really a nice guy and he's got good jokes, much to my dismay, he brought up Antonio a few more times but I never gave him the answers he was looking for, I always found a way to divert from the Antonio topic.
We exchanged numbers and left the cafe.

As I walked back home, my phone started to ring. It was Antonio calling, I had a great urge not to pick up but, I don't know, I did.

"Hello?" I said into my phone

"Ca- Sewa" he corrected and the way he pronounced my name almost made me laugh, he accent was something else.

"It's spelled SEWA but pronounced SHEWA, and of course you wouldn't know that because you called me Cara, most of the time" I blasted.