Chapter 6.2

What was this feeling?

A cold dizziness that seemed to shake your brain, bits and pieces of a distant memory, the burning pain on your cheek, the noises of bones breaking.

Crack after snap. Slow and steady.

You couldn't see and it was hard to breathe.

What was this weirdly familiar feeling?

Then a voice called out and stopped the breaking of bones immediately.

"Release the girl, Bular!"

The voice was new and yet known at the same time. Like someone you met before spoke through a distorted megaphone.

Ohhh, dang, your head hurt.

It was still dark all around you but you now were aware of the cool feeling of earth on your face.

You were laying on your stomach but one of your legs was held up by something, or someone.

The deep voice of the black troll sounded from just behind your head. He must be the one holding your ankle and dragging you over the ground.

"You cannot command me, impure," he growled at the new voice and you suddenly realized that the reason of the darkness was that your eyes were still shut.

That's right. You had been knocked unconscious after being found by the gumm-gumm prince.

How long had it been since then?

The ground below you still felt like the grass of your backyard so probably not that long.

More importantly. Who was this new voice?

Carefully cracking open the eye that was closer to the ground to avoid being noticed too soon, you took a look around as best as possible from your position.
Looked like you really were still in your backyard, albeit very close to the fence.

It was already dark but you saw Bular's black feet with the small claws at one edge of your vision and thinner, green feet at the other.
They didn't appear very human. Must be another troll.

His body looked a lot thinner than the usual broad ones you were used to from Kanjigar and Bular and for the first time, you realized that trolls weren't as similar to each other as you thought they'd be.
Just like humans, they came in more than one shape and color.

But that was besides the point right now.

Where did that one come from? And who was he? Friend or foe?

He seemed to be trying to persuade Bular into freeing you while you were spying around but you were still a bit too dizzy to actually comprehend what was being said.

Bular's voice answered in a growl like he so often seemed to do and he didn't sound very pleased either.

Sounded like they were fighting.

Your eye closed itself again as you laid there and slowly began to regain your focus and senses.

Your entire face hurt. Probably because Bular punched you right into it.
There seemed to be warm blood running down from your nose as well but it didn't feel broken.

The grip around your ankle tightened, drawing a low groan of pain from you, which made both trolls look your direction.

"Ugh, the fleshbag's not dead after all," you heard the trollish prince say behind you before the other troll spoke up, his voice sounding strict and somewhat tense.
"And she won't be any time soon. Her father would not rest until he finds the one responsible for her disappearance."