Chapter 7

Sadly enough, Bular hadn't come to save you the trouble with school and so it came that you were pushing your bike into the little schoolyard where the lockers were.
Jim and Toby were chatting quite actively besides you but you barely listened while you crouched down to lock your bike in place.

You wondered if that punch from Bular had maybe given you another concussion.
Because frankly, now that you thought about it, it was weird that his brute strength hadn't been enough to smash your skull into tiny little pieces.
Perhaps he had held back intentionally so he could torture you later? Well, if he had then maybe you should thank him.

Covering up bruises was a lot easier than hiding a broken face after all.

"-n)! (Y/n)! Helloooooo! Earth to (Y/n)!"

You blinked and looked to Tobias, who was waving his hands around in front of you, trying his best to get your attention.
Only then did you notice that you were kneeling around in the middle of the schoolyard, holding your bike lock midair.

"Oh," you made and closed the lock quickly, "sorry, I spaced out."

"Yeah, we kinda saw that," said Jim while chuckling softly, appearing to be quite amused by your slow reaction.

The two boys shortly looked at each other and then waited for you to get back up. Once you stood and were ready to go, you walked to your first class for this year, partaking in the conversation this time but mainly just listening to Toby gush about his new magic tricks.

He had shown you quite a few when you hung out during the break and it was funny to see him try so many hards tricks when he barely managed to do a simple card disappearing act.
But it was also cute to watch when he succeeded.

"-and then, I'll make the hat disappear too. Everyone will be so worried! ''Oh, nooo' they'll say 'how will you bring me back my watch now, oh great Tobias'!" the boy said with a fake female voice, mocking fear and then striking a dramatic pose that nearly made you burst into giggles, " 'don't worry! The amazing Tobias has your watch right here!' And I'll pull it out from behind her ear!"

Jim laughed at his friend's act and shook his head lightly before pretending to pull a watch from his ear, making a fake surprised gasp.

These two could be such dorks.

Rolling your eyes at them with an amused little hum, you entered the classroom and walked to your usual desk by the wall.
Thomas was already there and greeted you with a smile, his face tinting red for some reason.

After catching up with the dark-skinned boy, you gave a yawn and leaned back in your seat, still looking to Thomas and listening to him tell you about what he experienced with his family during the break.

Due to you focusing on the boy besides you, you didn't notice that a particular blond was glaring your way.

---

Steve had had a pretty shitty morning and after seeing the girl he viewed as his rival chat so comfortably with the Dumbzalski and Jim Lame Jr. he didn't really feel any better.

Why would she spend time with those losers when she should be trying to surpass him?

Not that that was possible. She only threatened to maybe be nearly as good as he was. Nothing more, nope.

Surpassing him wasn't possible after all. He, Steve Palchuk, was the best at this school. No, not just this school. This city!

That girl should be working her butt off to keep up with him yet all she's doing is having a relaxed chat!

How dare she!

Grinding his teeth, the blond boy threw another glare into her direction, feeling very much frustrated.
To his dismay, it wasn't her who turned and looked at him with fear but the thin boy besides her.