𝓞𝓷𝓮: 【Tragedy】

ℍ𝕦𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕠𝕡 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕚𝕟.
𝔹𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕦𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕒𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕠𝕕.

𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕙 𝕠𝕗 𝕙𝕦𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕤.

𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕕-

Ghouls. 

≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋

Tokyo, Japan.

The wailing of sirens pierces the night. Flashing lights reflect of dull glass, and illuminate the unmoving figures watching the vehicles pass by with morbid interest. 
Tires screeching, the vans and armoured cars halt before a dark alley. Suit clad figures storm out of the vans, doors screeching on their hinges, before being slammed shut. One by one, they pour out of the vehicles and slowly approach the alley... In each of their hands, a suitcase is held. 
A finger twitches on a trigger. 
The metallic stench of blood wafts out of the alley. Most of the Investigators wrinkle their noses at the terrible smell.
Only a few keep straight faces, and those are the ones that take a bold step forward towards the forboding odour. 

Under the flickering, inconsistent illumination of the street light, a hooded figure is leaning over an unmoving form. Blood leaks from the corpse, staining the hooded figure's hands crimson. 
Head whipping around, the figure snarls at the investigators.

The light flickers out once. 

Twice... 

A bright red glow shines from the eyes of the hooded figure, and with a creature like roar, they lunge. 
The lead investigator, clad in a pure white suit, doesn't flinch at the sight of the rouge stained beast charging at him.

The trigger is pulled. 
With a gush of smoke and a mechanical clank, a large, oblong sword is formed in the Lead Investigator's hand. With a deft flick of his wrist, the hooded figure's arm is gone. 

A scream passes from between the red-eyed figure's lips. They flip once through the air and land in a lunge behind the group of investigators.
A burst of red appears behind their shoulder in the form of crimson wings, the cells making them up fluctuating over and over again. A silver "eye" floats in the middle of each burning red wing. Without a sound, muscle curls over the stump of his missing arm, and forms back into a whole hand. He flexes his fingers, before tensing them up, the skin becoming coarse. 

Slowly and deliberately, the lead investigator turns on his heel, bringing up his bloodied blade. 
The silver metal glows with an internal light, and the edges are tinted a light blue, the colour seeming to float a few centimetres around the edges themselves. The blood seems to be lit from within, giving it a pinkish glow. 
The rest of the investigators active their weapons, the sound of metallic clanking and hissing steam filling the air. The weapons were varied. Guns, spears, clubs, swords. Name it, it was there. The Ghoul bares his teeth, and the red wings behind him grow exponentially in size. They start to wrap around his shoulders and arms, covering them in a shell-like armour. 
Yelling starts to fill the air, the Lead Investigator barking commands at his subordinates. 

Don't Panic!
We can take him!
Attack!

Roaring again, the armoured Ghoul spreads his wings, sharp quills shooting out from them. With several dull thuds, they embed themselves in the investigators, easily piercing their armour and sinking into the soft, luscious flesh below. 
The red armour has formed into hard, sharp quills that start from between his shoulder blades and branched outwards, each one extending about forty centimetres outwards to create a blanket of spines that covers his back and shoulders. With an inhuman growl, he dashes through the crowd of Investigators, slashing and snapping until only the Lead Investigator was left. 

The Ghoul's whole body is stained with blood, the viscous liquid dripping onto the ground in an unsteady patter as he slowly creeps towards the Investigator clad in white. Well, it was barely white any more. The blood of his comrades had stained it a pinkish red, the liquid seeping to his skin and making his fingers and joints sticky. 
The Lead Investigator's hands shake, the blood coating them making it hard to keep a grip on his blade. They had said this Ghoul possessed unrivalled strength, but to not even get a single proper with over one hundred men present?
The Investigator shudders and lets go of the blade with one hand, placing a finger to his ear. 

"C-control?! Do you copy? This Ghoul! He's beyond what we expected he-" 

He didn't even have time to finish his sentence. Call him weak, but he was just a man. A weakminded, however strong of body, man. The ghoul spits out a chunk of fabric and turns to examine the corpses strewn around the ally. 
"Disgusting Doves. They're all so weak." He mutters, voice low and soft. 
The armour around his arms slithers up the small of his back and dissolves, the wings vanishing a moment after. 

The Ghoul rips off the arm of an investigator, and crams the flesh into his mouth, blood dripping down his chin. The flesh tears easily, and the bones crunch under the force of his jaws. 
He finishes his meal and wipes his mouth, only succeeding in smearing the blood further. 
Muttering a curse, his red eyes vanish, replaced with dark brown ones that match his scruffy hair, which was now visible, due to his hood falling off. 
Yawning, he rubs the back of his head before leaping up onto the roof of one of the building's that created the ally. He stands there in the moonlight for a moment, before dashing off. 

≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋

𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝐿𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

"Glad he's finally gone.  He was a dangerous Ghoul." A voice mutters. "He killed a lot of Investigators. But how did he even die? It's not on the report." 

"We don't know. Well, if the Higherups do, they don't tell us anything. Though personally, I have a feeling it was a family member. Who else would be able to get close enough and know enough about such a mysterious Ghoul?" Another voice chimes in. 

"You're right. No every day Ghoul can kill an SSS~ Rank Ghoul and get away unnoticed. It's just worrying that there's such a Ghoul out there..."

≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋-≋