𝓣𝔀𝓸 : 【Discovery】

Present   Day.

Tokyo, Japan.

Rumours of a dangerous Ghoul had brought him to this isolated place. A dingy old warehouse with dim, flickering lighting. A long, black trenchcoat drags along the ground as he slowly walks towards the entrance, not missing the lack of growth and dust around the door, telltale signs that someone was, or had been here recently.
Reaching out one weathered hand, he pushes the door open with minimal effort. 
Dust motes float in the stale air, the gust of the door opening sending them spinning through the open space.
Metal beams crisscross the ceiling, going from wall to wall, and creating several levels inside the dilapidated warehouse. On the second-highest level, a shadow covered figure squats, their arms crossed. 
They glare down at the cloaked man, a red light starting to glint in their eyes. 
"What do you want?" They snarl, voice laced with malice and fury. 

The cloaked man takes off his hat and holds it against his chest. 

"You're the Ghoul they've been talking about. You're lucky the CCG hasn't found you yet," The man says, his voice low and soft, however, possessing an innate strength. 

"I could take the CCG!" The Ghoul boasts, sitting up from their squatting position. 

"You most definitely couldn't kill their White Reaper. He's the strongest Investigator of all time." 
He shifts his arm, however it remains limp and unthreatening. 

The determined look in the Ghoul's eyes falters for a moment. "Why are you even here? Just leave me alone or I'll kill you!" 

The tall man is silent, before speaking, even softer than before.
"Stop your violence. Come back with me to my Cafe. You'll live peacefully away from the threat of the Doves." 

The Ghoul laughs and bares their teeth. "Why would I go with you? Well... I don't think you'll leave, so let's make a deal. Beat me in a one on one fight, and I'll go with you." 

The man thinks for a moment, inclining his head. "How much you've changed in only five years."

The Ghoul hesitates, their legs tensing as they prepare to jump. "You don't know me! You can't fool me with your words! Now Die!" 

Outline blurred, the hostile figure leaps at the cloaked man, fingers curled into fists and eyes filled with a determined rage. Swinging their arm back, the Ghoul punches at the man...
Only to find his fist catching theirs. Gritting their teeth, the Ghoul kicks out, creating a ladder-like combo that attacks upwards towards his head. However, the attacker doesn't get close. Two crystalised Ukaku form behind the man's shoulders and block the kick, before flaring out, sending the hostile Ghoul flying backwards. They slam into a steel beam, all air rushing out of their lungs and something cracking in their chest. 

The man's mask glints in the dull moonlight. It was a half mask, covering only the top of his face, with a stylised beak and two slanted holes for his eyes, which were glowing with the eerie light of the Kakugan. He too was a Ghoul. A well-known one, by the name of Yoshimura Kuzen, the Manager of the Cafe, Anteiku. 
Yoshimura pulls off his cloak and places it on the ground, next to his hat. He gets into a simple, defensive stance, his Ukaku barely visible as a whisp of red behind his left shoulder.
"Please, just come with me. There is no need for violence."

The violent Ghoul groans, and claws the ground, struggling to get to their feet. They cough once, splattering blood onto the concrete, and go still for a moment as if contemplating Yoshimura's words. Spitting a glob of saliva and blood onto the ground, the Ghoul speaks, voice hoarse. "I'm never going to lose to you!" They yell. 
Red liquid bubbles up behind their waste, and whisps of crimson start to materialise behind their right shoulder. 

The Ghoul gets to their feet and screams, the bubbling red cells forming into two, long red tentacles, with whitish plating on top. The red whisp forms into a large Ukaku wing, with a glowing silver "eye" floating in the middle. A Chimera: Rinkaku and Ukaku. How very rare such a sight was. To have inherited both of their parents Kagune types; it was practically unheard of! 

Yoshimura watches the Chimera Ghoul with interest. 

"You've grown a lot, Y/N."