𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮: 【Realisation】

Eyes widening, the Ghoul does a double-take.

"Yoshimura?"

The man now identified as Yoshimura nods curtly. 
"Y/N. Come with me to Anteiku. You'll be safe from the Doves there. No matter how strong you are, eventually, they'll be able to kill you." He says.

Y/N scoffs. "You've survived this long! So has the One eyed Owl!" She counters, spreading her hands to make her point. Both her Kagune remain active, the blood-red wings a tiny bit of movement behind her shoulders. The Rinkaku tails tense, and go still, revealing the female's brief hesitation. 

"I'm only alive because I live among humans and manage Anteiku. It might not be desirable, but it's pleasant to watch the humans go about their day. Living out here is a recipe for disaster. The Owl is much more powerful than you. That is the only reason sh-" He catches himself, and clears his throat.
"-He is alive."

Narrowing her eyes, Y/N straightens her back, something cracking. She sighs in relief as the pain vanishes and stares at Yoshimura, her Kakugan remorseless. 
"I'm not going back there! I've already wasted more than half of my life staying... With you." She hisses, eyes dark and full of rage. 

Yoshimura looks slightly sad, the wrinkles around his eyes becoming more prominent for a few moments as he furrows his eyebrows. 

He sadly shakes his head and adjusts his stance as the female ghoul comes charging at him, Kagune at the ready. With one swift motion, he hardens his ukaku, catching her blows and pushing back, sending her flying back into a wall, where she lays, groaning, her kagune dissipating into thin air. Her eyelids flutter, before closing. That hit had knocked her out, oddly enough. 
Yoshimura slowly walks towards her, each of his footsteps echoing in the stagnant place. 
"I'm sorry, Y/N. It was the only way." 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ᵢₜ wₐₛ ₜₕₑ ₒₙₗy wₐy. ₕₒw ₐₘᵤₛᵢₙg.