Chapter 37- Cassandra

*Trigger warning: abuse, torture, somewhat graphic content*

~~

Cassandra

Her boots thumped on the heels as she paced down the hallway of the main building. Snakehead was waiting. Again.

She pushed the conference room open and stopped.

"Are you actually early?" Chase asked, sitting alone in a chair near the front of the table. His hair was a little shorter and slicked back, accentuating his cheekbones.

"What are you doing here?" She could understand why he was there last time as he had been the one to bring her back. "I thought it was just the two of us meeting."

"When has that ever been the case?" he asked as a few mentors entered the room. No Scott.

The doors to Snakehead's office opened and he joined, passing a hand over his bald head before taking his stance next to the chair at the head of the table. "Glad to see you back in one piece, Agent Cat Eye."

Cassie gave a nod.

"I heard the mission has been a success."

"We had managed to find the drug supplier and the storage warehouse."

He nodded. "Do you have the sample of the drug I asked you to bring?"

Cassie wiggled her toes inside her boot. "Not at the moment, no."

"And why is that?"

"Because we're not done yet. She's still alive."

Snakehead's eyes locked onto Cassie. "If she's got deadly weapons at her disposal, how are you planning to kill her unless you even your chances, Cat Eye?"

She wasn't born yesterday. If she handed the drug over to Snakehead, she would be left without advantage and he might as well take her off the mission and give it someone else. She would rather die than let that happen.

"With all due respect, you've got deadly weapons at your disposal as well. Your people are good shots. Give me more people and once she's gone, you can have the drug and all the monopoly you want in the market."

"I hope you're not trying to blackmail me," he said, a warning in his tone.

"I would call it mutual interest. Must I really imply again that I know her better than you?"

He got up. "Must I remind you who you're speaking to? I don't have people to sacrifice on your desires to avenge people you got killed, Agent Cat Eye."

"Send me," Chase piped up.

Cassie whipped her head around.

He rose from his chair, leveling Snakehead in height. "My team and I will accompany Squad 6 and if people without a Squad join, we can finish it."

Snakehead checked Chase out top to bottom. "Why put yourself on the line?"

Chase tilted his chin. "I want nothing more than to bring her down and see us climb the ladder of success. If that means following Cat Eye then that's what I'll do. And if she dies in the fight, I will bring you the drug myself."

He contemplated it and then turned to Cassie. "When are you planning to leave?"

The feeling of victory swelled up in her chest. "Tomorrow morning if we plan to catch the second delivery in the nighttime."

"Very well then. Dismissed."

Cassie waited for Chase at the end of the corridor, jogging after him when he pushed her aside and walked out into the windy campus grounds. "Chase."