⚘ Mammon - Too Late

"Mammon, wait up!" MC yells, chasing after the second-born. 

"Time is MONEY! Hurry up already!", he yells back at MC, but stops to wait for them. "Why are humans so slow? Don't you understand if we don't get there in time, we'll miss out on this cash-grab of an opportunity!" During Mammon's rant, MC bumps into him trying to catch up. "Hey! What are you doing bumping into me like that!?" He wasn't able to look at the human due to the massive embarrassment he's feeling, trying to hide the obvious redness on his face. 

"I thought we were in a hurry! I didn't realize you stopped!" MC yells while clasping their nose. 

"If you weren't so slow, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place! Also, you should be more careful, being a human and all!"

"I'm fine, Mammon. Let's keep going." MC says trying to dismiss him, not wanting Mammon to miss this chance. MC makes an attempt to keep going, but quickly realizes they're being held back by an arm. Looking down, MC sees a hand holding them in place. "Mammon?"

"Let me see." He tells them. It's now MC's turn to blush madly. With his free hand, Mammon pulls MC's hands from their face. "How bad does it hurt?" He has a sweetness in his voice while addressing MC that makes their heart thump to a new rhythm, a much faster rhythm. MC looks down at Mammon hand holding both of their's effortlessly, then back at his beautiful eyes full of concern. 

"Oh! Umm, I was more surprised than anything... I'm fine..." Saying that, MC then sees the gears clicking in Mammon's head. 3...2...1... Whatever he was thinking clicks in his head, then he rears away from MC, letting go of them completely. 

"Good! It's MY job to take care of you after all! Humans are fragile, and Lucifer would have my ass if you got hurt!" His eyes become once again incapable of meeting MC's as his fluster moves from his cheeks to his entire face. Mammon swiftly turns around and treads onward ushering MC along. 

Mammon and MC finally get to their destination, which is once again Lucifer's bedroom. Lucifer has taken ill and is rendered defenseless as he sleeps off his fever. They open the door and step into his domain, or so they thought. Instead, they find themselves face to faces with none other than Cerberus once again. Mammon  stares at his impending demise, grabs MC, then swiftly shuts the door to his demise, so to speak. 

"WHAT THE F***, LUCIFER!" He yells at the door once their safety is ensured.

"I'm not even surprised anymore, honestly. Lucifer always uses Cerberus as his safety net."

"Why is he always so... so... GAH!" MC thinks about what to say next, knowing very well if they tell the GREAT Mammon that he's to blame for Lucifer's defenses, then it would turn into an argument of sorts. "Maybe we can earn some cold hard grimm another way..." When Mammon says those words, it breaks MC's concentration and replaces it with confusion. Mammon sees the look on MC's face and laughs that adorable full-hearted  laugh he has. "Come on MC, you know what I'm talking about! Let's go!" MC gets whisked away by Mammon and his desire for money. What is he plotting this time?

One minute they're at the House of Lamentation, then the next they're at Mammon favorite place in the whole wide world. What is his favorite place? The casino, of course. And OF COURSE  (the lovely) MC should be GRATEFUL that the GREAT Mammon  brought them along. At least that's what Mammon told them. 

They immediately go to Mammon's favorite table. MC stands behind him and cheers him on all the while hoping that he doesn't end up draining himself dry of every last grimm. It starts to look like it's heading in that direction though as the drinks keep coming and more chips get played. Mammon is clearly slipping out of sobriety as he becomes louder and clings onto MC more and more after each drink he has. MC was drinking too, but Devildom alcohol has no effect on humans.