🍋 Barbatos - Botanical Wonderland

Graciously request by kelvonachambers

Today's a beautiful day in Devildom, so Lord Diavolo decided to invite you and the brothers of the House of Lamentation over that afternoon for some tea. Lucifer made sure to thoroughly instruct everyone to be on their best behavior on the trip to the prince's castle. Upon arrival, you made sure to greet Diavolo and his butler, Barbatos.

Everyone was ushered to the back patio to be able to enjoy the springtime weather before summer's unbearable heat. During your conversation with Diavolo about how you stay in Devildom has been thus far, you had to excuse yourself to use the restroom.

At least, that's what you told everyone. In truth, you wanted to go see Barbatos. You never see him without Diavolo and wanted to take the chance to talk one-on-one for a few minutes. You wandered about for a short while until you caught a whiff of something sweet and floral. Following your nose brought you into the kitchen, where the butler is making tea and sandwiches.

"Hi Barbatos.", you said while tapping his shoulder. He doesn't seem surprised as he turns around.

"Hello Lady MC. Did you by chance get lost?"

"No. I was actually looking for you." A soft smile graces his features.

"Why would you be looking for me? Do you need something?"

"No. I just wanted to say hi. Would you like some help?

"Thank you, but no. I've been doing this for centuries and couldn't possibly ask a guest for assistance." On his way to the pantry, he accidently brushes your arm with his jacket, causing your face to turn pink. You try to pretend nothing happened, because nothing really did happen, but you can't help but feel a bit riled up from a simple touch. When he comes back, he has bread and condiments, but also a glint in his eyes as if he knows something.

"Would you like to see the garden?"

"Yeah. That sounds nice.", you say in a mildly surprised tone, having no idea why he brought up it up.

"Good. When tea is served, ask Lord Diavolo. I'll see you soon." You nod your head in agreement, but before you go, he gives you directions on how to get to your destination from the party.

After a cup of tea, you ask Diavolo if you can see the garden, and he agrees to let you go, instructing Barbatos to give you a tour. One of the brothers try to tag along, but Lucifer demands that they stay in their seat, saying that it should be a relaxing experience, which if they tagged along, it would not.

You meet up with Barbatos at the door to Diavolo's botanical wonderland. He opens the door, guiding you into the floral treasure trove. Once the two of you are within the garden parameters, he takes your hand into his after closing the entrance. All of this is too much between the gorgeous scenery and the sharply dressed demon holding your hand as he escorts you deeper in.

"I'm glad you could join me, Lady MC.", Barbatos says once you've reached the center.

"I'm glad you invited me.", ending with a quick giggle. He delicately grabs your chin, slightly raising it so you can meet his gaze.

"Although, if I may say, I'm not so sure if you're reason for visiting me in the kitchen was as innocent as you would have me assume." There's the same glint in his eyes from earlier today.

"What do you mean?"

"I think you know exactly what I mean, Lady MC." The gig is up. You thought you were so smooth with your feelings, but alas, he saw through the facade. He gives you a delicate kiss before you have a chance to be honest. This the last thing you anticipated Barbatos doing, but hell, you're not complaining.