Crimson Massacre

The peace and happiness of the lovely couple between witch and shark existed for more than an epoch in time. The only thing left was their center, and everyone lived just as long as Wadanohara was promised indirectly by her father through Chlomaki. The nurse hadn’t seen that pitch witch since the day the war faded away, but she prayed for their safety nonetheless. No matter where that witch might be, or whatever she got herself into, the nurse still hoped that she was alive somewhere, living a life of paradise. She deserved it, anyway; she made Wadanohara the witch she was today, and without that, who would have? Sure, Meikai sent her… she was thankful for both of them. They made her life as better as it would have been if she had to deal with the deaths of all her comrades; now a family in itself.

It was a lovely summer day, and everyone was cooped up in their rooms; the air conditioner so cold it froze a glass of water (Emalf wanted to try some so called science). Wadanohara had strictly told everyone not to go outside due to the fact that a heat wave had come in and burnt the leaves on the trees and flowers to a crisp within hours. The nurse made an exception for Emalf and Vendetto, however; knowing that those two came from a place where this type of heat was the regular. Whenever they had the chance, they would play rock paper scissors, sing atrociously (of course not on purpose), or sleep out in the deathly rays of the sun.  They only had this privilege once they were done with their treatments; in fact, it wasn’t the normality to see those two outside anyway.

No one really had anything to do; Wadanohara was up and about tending to everyone’s needs, whether it be medicine or simply a cool glass of water. Water was a necessity today; Cherryblod detested the scorching heat, and he would regularly swim around in Idate’s glasses of water. He was a shrimp, he had the ability to fit into such a confined space, but Idate and Samekichi couldn’t really do much about their water problem. A killer whale and a shark couldn’t possibly fit in any bath tub or glass they had. This was the instance where Idate was jealous of Cherryblod for being able to decompose under water.

“It’s very cramped in here, Idate. Either way, you wouldn’t like particularly enclosed circumstances like this.”

The shrimp would comment, getting no response from the Orca. As long as he had his lollipops on hand for his cigs, he was going to make it out of this summer alive. Memoca frequently went out through the window to fly around briefly, and swoop back in through Ver’s open one to land her feet upon the demon’s shoulder. It was always nice getting pet by her; the gentle touch against the pelican’s wings was like no other. Unfortunately, Memoca would have to go back to her room; all they needed was for Wadanohara to find out and close the windows.

The immense heat also brought Emalf’s power up considerably. They all came to figure out that he could control fire, but not as well as Vendetto could. They would constantly mess around with their fire; making it into little shapes or sending signals from across the hall in Morse code with their mini infernos. It came to the point where they could both create fire that could not harm, which they titled ‘Friendly Fire’. It licked at the skin as to be expected, but it wouldn’t hurt; it might tickle a bit. Emalf particularly liked when it pecked at his cheeks, but it wasn’t so fun anymore when someone would walk by and see the demon looking as if he were trying to catch himself on fire. That always took a lot of explaining, and at one point, the two buds decided that it was too tedious having to define exactly what they were doing, and playing with their power in general was childish.

It didn’t help that Idate couldn’t leave the boundaries of the indoors to get food. The nurse would bring him meat, sure, but it was always nice to get it fresh, right? Not cooked on the spot… even though that was good too; especially when he requested Vendetto and Emalf to make and serve it in front of him. Sure, the demons weren’t very fond of having to cook, but when they could roast it? They were all for it. They played little tricks with their fires, which once resulted in the entire facility burning down, but Vendetto brought it back in before it could get any worse. Needless to say, those were the best prime ribs the Orca had ever eaten. Alas, seeing those enthusiastic ‘brothers’ doing what they did made Idate think… and he came up with the best idea he had ever hatched.