New worker

"Liz! Hurry up, Eddie is waiting outside for us!" Marie called down stairs.

"I'm coming!" I shouted. I quickly grabbed my cell and sunglasses.

As I ran down the stairs, Marie was sitting on the couch, looking at her nails.

"Took you long enough." she grinned. Just as I was about to leave, my father stopped me. "Lizzie. Are you going to say bye to Brian?" he asked. I bit my bottom so hard that I could taste my own blood.

"Hurry up and say goodbye to your fiance. We're late" Marie said running out the house.

I stomped my way towards the guest room, which is now Brian's room, and opened the door nob.

As I poked my head out, I noticed that he was under his covers. It took me a while to notice that he was jerking himself.....I think I'm gonna be sick.

I closed the door, carefully shut and walked back to the living room holding my stomach.

"He's asleep, you know I don't like bothering people when they're asleep." I lied to my father.

My dad kissed my cheek and opened the door for me.

I ran down the porch while holding my stomach.

Brian is such a perv! I can't stand him at all!

"What happened?" Eddie asked as I got in the back seat.

"Don't ask, just drive." I say while putting my seat belt.

While I put put my window down, I let the cool air hit my face, relieved.

"Seriously Liz, you don't look too good. Is something wrong?" Marie asked

I shook my head. "It's nothing. I'm probably hungry, that's all"

"If you want, I can get you a cereal bar at the cafe" Eddie said, making a left turn.

I smiled at him when he looked at me in his rear view mirror.

We were already five minutes away from work.

Marie decided to put the radio on.

As she was changing the stations, I heard a familiar beat.

'Turn back to 3.5!" I said holding onto the passenger seat.

She switched the station back to 3.5 and smiled at Eddie and Marie's expression.

Our favorite song was on.

As long as you love me.

It was already on Big Sean's part. Eddie knew the whole rap.

'Now we on top of the world

Cause that's just how we do

Used to tell me sky's the limit

Now the skies are point of view

Now we stepping out like whoa (Marie: Oh god!)

Cameras point at you, ask me what's my best side

I'll stand back and point at you, you, you

The one that I argue with,

Feel like I need a new girl to be bothered with

But the grass ain't always greener on the other side

It's greener where you water it, so I know

We got issues baby, true true true

But I rather work on this with you

Than then go ahead and start with someone new'

We all sang the rest of the song as we were arriving by the cafe.

I seemed to notice that there was a guy sitting outside the cafe wearing a gray beanie. I couldn't see his face since his back was towards us.

As we got out, he turn to us with a grin.

"Hey man, sorry that I wasn't early." Eddie said turning his car off.

The guy shook his head. "It's no problem Eddie. Did I get that right?"

Eddie chuckled. "Yeah you got it right."

As he was opening the door, I saw that Eddie's friend was taking a few glances at me.

I pressed my pressed my lips together, nervous.

We all walked in while Eddie turned the lights on.

"I don't think you introduced us to your friend, babe." Marie raised an eyebrow.

Eddie grinned. "Sorry guys. James, this is my girl Marie, and my best friend Lizzie. They work at a fashion magazine that's right across from us. Guys, this is James Tyson. He'll be working as a waiter and a musician from now on."

I turn my head towards him. "You like to play?"

He smiled and nodded. "Yea, I've been playing since I was twelve. I'm twenty-six now."

"That's so cool." Marie smiled at James. "Where you from?"

"I'm was raised in Michigan. I just moved here a couple of days ago." he said while walking in the kitchen with Eddie to get their uniform.

"Where do you live now?" she asked.

"In queens." he said loud enough for us to hear.

I checked the time on my watch and bit my lip. It's already 7:46 in the morning. Good thing the building is right across from us.

The boys came back with their uniform. James grabed his acoustic guitar that was leaning on the piano.

"Here you go Liz." Eddie said handing me a strawberry fruit bar.

I thanked him while I was taking a look at my watch again.

"Come on Lizzie, we gotta go." Marie said while kissing Eddie's cheek.

I nodded and looked at James. "See you later." I smiled.

"See ya Liz." he grinned at me.

Me and Marie walk out of the cafe as the rest of the workers started coming in.

"I think James has eyes for you." Marie smirked as we crossed the busy street.

"Ah 'cmon Marie." I laughed "We just met."

"Yea but you know what? Love at first sight can possibly come true between you guys." she nudged my shoulder.

I shook my head, disagreeing.

We pushed through the revolving doors, heading towards the elevator.

As we entered, Marie put her left arm around my neck.

"Could it be faith? Maybe destiny?" she joked.

"Marie. We just met" I repeated, pressing #12 button.