Chapter Thirteen

Alastriona sat in the Hufflepuff common room, her fellow housemates buzzing with excitement and passing the face paint around to each other, the chatter was loud and everyone was in high spirits.

Alastriona struggled not to move as the paint brush tickled her face and Darcy threw her hands in the air, "I'm done! You're done! And I am never doing your face paint again, bloody ridiculous! Go get dressed!"

Alastriona laughed as she ran up the stairs, she quickly stripped out of her pyjamas and put on some jeans and a Hufflepuff shirt, wrapped her neck in a Hufflepuff scarf and twisted her unruly locks into a bun and stuck her wand into it.
She then managed to fit her hair under a Hufflepuff beanie and then stuck a badger pin on her shirt and grinned at herself in the mirror. Alastriona paused right before she left the room and grabbed a scroll of parchment from her bed, Darcy was the only one left by the time she made it down into the common room.

"Is this Hufflepuff enough for you?" Alastriona did a little twirl as Darcy sat with her mouth open, "Come on, the others are waiting for us!" The Slytherin's and Dawn were waiting for them at the entrance to the Great Hall, all ready to have breakfast together, even Draco was joining them today but thankfully without the company of Crabbe and Goyle.

"Good morning everyone!" Alastriona called out and happily watched their stunned reactions as she walked up to them with Darcy shaking her head by her side.

Dawn giggled but tried to hide it behind her hand, "Oh my- Alastriona, you look-"

"Like every bullies dream-"

"Theo!" Dawn scorned him. 

He waved a hand at her, "Well just look at her! She's like a bloody Hufflepuff flag right in front of us!" Theo wasn't bothering to contain his laughter and one look at Blaise's stunned face made him double over in the hallway.

Alastriona laughed, "A very excited walking and talking Hufflepuff flag! Can we go now?" 

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Darcy pulled the scroll of parchment from her hand and waved it in her face, "You need to take this to Professor Flitwick." 

"Oh... right." She let out a groan before pepping up again, "I'll meet you all in the stands then."

"Wait," Draco stepped forward, "I'll come with you, I want to ask Flitwick for an extension."

Alastriona grinned at him and they started to make their way to the third floor, she chatted his ear off all the way up to the third floor, only stopping to knock gently on the professor's door, after getting no answer she pushed it open.

"Sorry Draco, you came all this way for nothing." He just shrugged as she left her homework on his desk and they left his office.

"It's all right, might get me out of watching part of the game."

Alastriona paused before catching up with him, pushing her little legs hard to fall into step beside him, "Why would you want to miss the game? It's going to be great!"

Draco scoffed and sneered, "I don't fancy seeing Saint Potter flying around like an idiot for hours on end like everyone else does."

Alastriona's mind went through hundreds of different responses in just a minute, trying to figure out the best way to avoid any sort of conflict which can be nearly impossible when talking to Draco.

"It's going to be great though, Hufflepuff will have a huge win, I mean Cedric's a really amazing Seeker and Heidi is fantastic and Maxine is a brutal beater!" Alastriona cheered blissfully.

He just shrugged at her words, "They're still just Hufflepuff's though."

"I- wait- what's that supposed to mean?"