Chapter Nineteen

To Alastriona returning to Hogwarts after spending Christmas and New Years with all her friends felt like coming out from an incredible dream, one she didn't want to wake up from.

Dawn had sought them out immediately, thanking them all for her gifts, she had noticed a theme among them.

Darcy had given her a book on healing spells and ingredients for healing potions, Blaise and Draco had given her a moonstone amulet with protective enchantments placed, as well as some Chocoball's and Chocolate Cauldron Cakes.

Theo had also given Dawn a book, 'From Egg to Inferno: a Dragon-Kepper's Guide', which Dawn really loved- even though he'd dog-eared the pages on fire safety.

Alastriona had continued with the dragon theme in the form of a bracelet which was in the shape of an Antipodean Opaleye dragon, the bracelet wrapped around her wrist and adjusted accordingly to the wearers comfort. The dragon itself had pearly scales that shimmered and shone either white in the moon light or a pale purple in the dark. Dawn said she'd hardly taken it off since setting her eyes on it, she just made sure to roll down her sleeves when in class.

Dawn actually looked incredibly tired, albeit happy, but she was taking her O.W.L's this year and was studying non-stop and she felt guilty about leaving the scruffy abandoned dog alone all Christmas.

The group helped her sneak into the kitchen and beg the House-elves -it didn't take much convincing at all- for some food to give to the poor animal, they spent the rest of the day pampering the dog and talking about Dawn's time in Romania.

Classes started the very next day, and while none of her friends were happy about the early wake up, Alastriona was actually looking forward to getting back into a regular routine.

The group sat together at the Hufflepuff table that morning, sipping on piping hot tea before making the journey down to Hagrid's hut for their Care of Magical Creatures lesson.

They'd chosen to sit at the Hufflepuff table that morning as Pansy -upon seeing Alastriona walk into the Great Hall side by side with Draco- was sending particularly harsh looks at Alastriona, not that any of them commented on it, but they collectively decided to ignore her existence completely.

After finishing up with breakfast they made their way down, Alastriona lifted her hair up and stuck her wand in, keeping her flaming red curls in place on top of her head.

Alastriona smiled as they drew closer to Hagrid's hut, seeing multiple bonfires lit she thought it must be an interesting lesson, "He'll probably want to cook us over them--"

Alastriona elbowed Draco in the ribs at that, "Be nice."

Hagrid greeted them all with a smile, "Good mornin'!" They all chorused it back to him as they huddled around the fires, "Did ye all bring ye dragon hide gloves?" The class nodded and began putting on the thick gloves, "Can anyone tell me what creatures might come out o' these flames?"