열셋 | 13

Jimin (p.o.v)

Ugh my head hurts.. It hurts so much.. 

Slowly I flickered my eyes open, strong light burning into them. I used my hand as a protection to block off the radiant sun. When I opened the rest of my eyes I heard someone faintly say:

"Jimin.. J-Jimin are you ok..?"

I followed the direction of the voice while my eyes we're still adjusting to the light finally stopping when I saw J-hope. He seemed so happy to see me awake.

"Jimin! You are finally awake !"

He said literally beaming like a ray of sunshine, smiling from ear to ear, when suddenly his arms wrapped around me and he gave me a big strong hug. I tried hugging him back as best as I could but I was feeling very light-headed and weak so I just laid my arms on each of his sides. After a while he laid me back onto the white, nursery like, bed.

Only then I noticed the blue curtains and the strange smell of disinfectant and medicine that flooded my nostrils. Even though I was feeling weak I felt the urge to talk and so I did with a low tone.

"W-where am I?"

"You're at the hospital.. You fainted after I hit you.. I'm so so so sorry Jimin. I really didn't mean to hit you." He said lips curled down while he patted my shoulder in a reassuring way, trying to keep me calm at the same time.

I sighed looking down and then up back at his saddened eyes.

"I know you didn't mean to hit me.. But why would you try to hit Jungkook? I told you he didn't do anything wrong and I told you I cared about him so why..?"

" You know I worry about you.. I j-just wanted to protect you.. It's what I always do.. And Jungkook.. his father is such an evil person that I just can't bring myself to trust HIS son.. Even more! Trust his son with you.."

"J-hope stop. Listen to me now." I looked to the side, a certain stressful tension in the air, my thoughts swirling on my head until eventually, I spoke again.

"I have something to tell you. Jungkook hates his father.. He told me that his father was never there for him, that his whole life he barely saw him and that now he definitely won't see him because he doesn't want to."

"W-what?! B-but--"

"Wait there's more. (I sighed and looked down at my hands I started fumbling nervously with my fingers) He also told me he doesn't know what his father does for a living but he knows it isn't a good thing.. He said he doesn't approve of whatever he does because he knows that it is bad and he wishes he knew more about it but he doesn't.."

A breath of stress that I didn't know I had bottled up inside me suddenly left my lips. A huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders, I looked up at J-hope. His mouth was open almost to the ground, he couldn't believe this.

This all meant that our plan from the beginning would have been worth nothing and that we would have tortured an innocent person for nothing. I knew from the beginning that we shouldn't do this to him but at the time I didn't have any evidence, I just had that strong connection with him that made sure I knew the truth right away, so that tragedy wouldn't pass mine and J-hope's fate.

"W-we could of tortured an innocent person.. We almost did if it wasn't for you.. J-jimin.. This is nuts, this is so crazy."

J-hope brought his hand up to his forehead while panting a little faster. He was in shock. In shock that we almost did a horrible, horrible thing. In shock that we almost did the exact same thing they always do..