Chapter 3

Hitoshi recoiled at the sudden willingness to work with him. "That was... easier than I thought." He said out loud, without meaning to.

Izuku shrugged. "I need the money, don't read to far into this." He said simply, and he wasn't lying. The only reason he even considered a job from a sketchy stranger was because he was so broke. He had bills he needed to pay.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow night then." He said, leaving a small card on the counter as he took his coffee and exited the cafe.

"Wait! Why tomorrow?" Izuku called after him, grabbing the card and seeing it was a plain looking business card.

"Dinner, to discuss your new position." Hitoshi said over his shoulder, not stopping or slowing down. Seconds later he had disappeared from view and Izuku was left alone.

He examined the card again. It was black with a boring font. The only thing remotely insteresting was that the writing was in a shiny gold. It simply had Hitoshi's full name and a number.

Izuku, being confused about the plans, texted the number.

Izuku~
Um hi?

He set his phone down while waiting for a response. A minute or two later, his phone dinged.

54*-***-****
Well that was quick, is someone excited?

Izuku blushed on the other side of the screen. He had picked up on the underlining meaning of the text.

Izuku~
You gave me a job that pays more in a day than I make in a week now, give me a business card, leave and casually throw in the fact we're getting dinner tomorrow. What did you expect?

54*-***-****
Still so feisty. I expected nothing different if I'm being honest.

Izuku quickly added Hitoshi's number before responding.

Izuku~
So about the job?...

Shinso~
What about it?

Izuku~
I'm still confused as to why you want me and why you're willing to pay me so much.

Shinso~
I paid my old assistant just as much and I just liked your attitude, it's not everyday someone can stand up to me and talk back.

Izuku blushed lightly at the text.

Izuku~
Oh ok.

He face palmed at his lame response.

Shinso~
So tomorrow night. Meet me at (insert restaurant name here) at eight.

Izuku~
Ok.

Izuku shut his phone off and slipped it into his back pocket. He was nervous for the next night. Hitoshi in general made him nervous, but now he was expected to get dinner with him? And then work for him?

Izuku really hadn't thought that part through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku huffed as he tried and failed to make his tie do what he wanted. The restaurant, after looking it up, was discovered to be quite fancy. He wasn't that surprised. Hitoshi seemed fairly rich, from the fact he was paying his assistant so well and the fact he even had an assistant.

"Need some help?"

Izuku's head snapped to his doorway where one of his best friends, Shoto Todoroki, was standing. He looked at the duel haired boy with relief and nodded.

Izuku and Todoroki had been friends for a few years by then. They had met one day at a park, when Izuku was so exhausted he wasn't paying attention to where he was going and spilt coffee all over himself and Todoroki after they collided. After multiple apologies, they ended up talking and figured out they went to the same college. They exchanged numbers and had been friends ever since.

Todoroki and Izuku had strangely bonded over the fact their parents were... well terrible at their job. Todoroki's father was physically and mentally abusive all of his life, and Izuku's mother wasn't much better. Todoroki had gotten into a habit of spending long hours at Izuku's house, which kept his mother away and Todoroki didn't have to deal with his own father.

It was a win, win.

Todoroki crossed the room and quickly did Izuku's tie. "Thanks Todo, I've never figured out how to tie one of these things." He mumbled, a habit he's had since a child.

"I've caught on to that." Todoroki said lightly. He went over and took a seat on Izuku's bed, while the other boy moved around his room gathering his coat and making sure he was presentable.

"So you have a job interview, right? Why does that involved you getting so dressed up?" Todoroki asked, eyeing the suit his friend was in. It was the first time he had ever seen Izuku so put together. Usually he was in a tshirt or hoodie and an old pair of jeans.

"It's an insanely nice restraurant. I have to at least pretend I fit in." Izuku said. "Not all of us were raised with a mannerism class." He joked at the end. Todoroki's father was a wealthy business man and had been training Todoroki to take over since he was born.

Todoroki stuck his tongue out in disgust as he remembered the long hours of classes. "Those classes were the worst, I envy anyone who doesn't know what to do with the second fork." He said, throwing himself down backwards, so he was fully laying on Izuku's bed.

Realization dawned on Izuku. There was a second fork? "I'm so screwed." He whispered, just loud enough for Todoroki to hear. The other boy snorted.

"Have fun. Wait, do you even know this guy?" He asked, lifting himself up a little, so he was resting on his elbow.

Izuku looked at him through the mirror. "Not really, but he saved me from getting mugged. I mean the muggers were his friends, but that still-"

"Whoa, what? You were mugged? When? Why do you not tell me these things?" Todoroki asked, groaning. He was a bit upset with himself for not being there to help his friend.

Izuku turned around, looking directly at Todoroki. "It never came up." He said with a shrug.

Todoroki rolled his eyes, but there was a faint smile on his lips. "And this guy knew who was mugging you?" He asked, quirking up a brow.

"Yeah, he knew there names and said they were friends." Izuku said, thinking back to that night.

Todoroki became more interested. He sat up fully while asking, "What were their names?" He had a hunch he'd know them, at least know of them, with his job.

"I think it was something like Kiri something and Kami- Kami- well Kami something." Izuku said with a shrug.

Todoroki's eyes widened. "Kirishima and Kaminari?" He asked.

Izuku's eyes lit up. "Yeah! That sounds right- wait, how do you know them?" He asked, a puzzled expression on his face.

Todoroki stood up from the bed, causing Izuku to also stand up. He was a little worried.

"Midoriya, who are you going to dinner with tonight?" Todoroki asked cautiously, dreading the answer.

Izuku looked at him skeptically. "Why? Todo, what's wrong?" He asked.

The duel haired boy sighed and shook his head. "Just answer the question. What's his name?"

Izuku was even more nervous now than before. "Hitoshi Shinso." He said softly.

"Oh hell no."