Chapter 12

They pulled away, Izuku at least, breathing heavily.

"What was that?" He asked Hitoshi, not entirely sure what had just happened between them or where it left them.

"I-" Hitoshi was cut off by someone walking into the room.

"Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me." Bakugou said, not happy to find Hitoshi in Izuku's bed, shirtless. Not to mention, the two were in a... compromising position.

Izuku was nearly straddling Hitoshi with his hands on his shoulders, while Hitoshi's were tangled in Izuku's hair.

Izuku bolted off his bed and far away from Hitoshi. He stumbled and nearly collapsed when he felt how sore and aching his whole body, not just his head, felt. Thankfully Hitoshi had seen that coming and had caught him before he hit the ground.

"You're getting checked out, I don't care if you trust my judgement. I don't." He said, annoyed that Izuku still seemed reluctant. This time he just nodded, wanting the pain to go away.

"Can I get a fucking explanation as to why you were in his fucking bed?" Bakugou sneered, pissed that he was being ignored.

Hitoshi shot him a glare while helping Izuku sit back down on his own bed. He reached for his shirt, pulling it on over his head. "Now's not really the time, he probably has a concussion." He said.

In a second Bakugou was kneeling in front of Izuku. He scowled at Hitoshi, "Why the hell did you let him sleep then?!" He asked, wanting to yell but knowing that it would probably kill Izuku's head.

"I didn't fucking know until this morning." Hitoshi growled back at him, not appreciating his attitude. Just yesterday he had to get yelled at for it, and he was already back to it. "Besides, you're not supposed to be here." He mention, crossing his arms.

Bakugou gritted his teeth and looked away, knowing that he risked by coming back that morning. Izuku, on the other hand, just gaped at Hitoshi. "Were you actually serious about that?" He asked.

With a shrug, Hitoshi responded, "Yes, he should know not to mess with me by now. He never seems to learn, it's exhausting."

Izuku was slightly panicked. The last thing he wanted at that moment was to get separated from Bakugou again. He had just gotten him back. It wasn't fair.

He reached out and grabbed Hitoshi's hand. Bakugou's eyes widened at the action.

Izuku was going to try the exact same thing as last night, but hoping for a different outcome considering.... well the events that took place between those two points in time.

"Hito, please don't take him away from me again. I just got my best friend back, I don't know if I can handle having him ripped away so soon." He said, letting his eyes start to water. At first it was just for show, but thinking of never being able to see Bakugou again, it got to him.

Last night had been a breaking point for Hitoshi. He now seemed to be completely wrapped around the smaller, green haired boy's finger. His eyes softened at the tears collecting in Izuku's eyes. He didn't want to see him cry again, especially if he was the one causing it.

He sighed and squeezed Izuku's hand, letting him know that he had won. "I swear to god Bakugou, if you keep running your mouth I'll- Jesus!" Hitoshi was knocked off his feet by Izuku leaping into his arms giggling.

"Thank you Hito!" He said, wincing just a little at the dull throb in his head, but it was worth it.

"I still don't fucking like this." Bakugou grumbled as he watched them.

Izuku sat back up and pulled Bakugou into a hug. The blond smirked over Izuku's shoulder at Hitoshi as the scowled. Bakugou even flicked him off for good measure.

"Promise you're not gonna leave again, right?" Izuku whispered into the hug.

Bakugou held him tightly, knowing he had a lot of work to do before he had Izuku's trust again. "Pinky promise." He said back, knowing how highly Izuku treasured the childish swears.

"You still need to see a doctor puppy." Hitoshi said, purposefully cutting the little moment short. Izuku didn't seem to think anything of it, pulling away from the hug and frowning at Hitoshi for mentioning doctors again. He didn't particularly like them.

"Have fun with that, Deku hates doctors." Bakugou said with a small chuckle. He was thrilled that he still knew more about Izuku than Hitoshi seemed to.

"I'm gonna take him to Tsuyu, like he could possibly hate her." Hitoshi said while rolling his eyes. He knew Izuku and Tsuyu pretty well, and if anything they'd be friends by the end of his checkup.

"Yeah, you may have a point." Bakugou said, frowning.

"Is she nice?" Izuku asked, looking up at Hitoshi.

"Yeah, she's really sweet. You'll like her, don't worry." Hitoshi said, grabbing Izuku's hand again for reassurance. Or maybe just to press Bakugou's buttons.

Eh, it was both.

Izuku nodded and looked back over to his childhood friend. "Hey, where's Todo? Seeing as you two are apparently attached at the hip recently." Izuku teased. He didn't miss the very, very faint pink that flashed on Bakugou's cheeks.

"The fuck? No we aren't. How the hell should I know where the half and half bastard is?" He said, looking away from Izuku and Hitoshi.

"I have security cameras set up at the house, you know that right?" Hitoshi said, enjoying how panicked Bakugou became.

Izuku looked back at Hitoshi. "Whoa, what'd you catch on those cameras?" He asked.

Hitoshi smirked. "Well I don't have them in the actual rooms, just the hallways, but Todoroki hasn't actually stayed in his room in about a month."

"He's watching Inko, okay? We didn't know what the hell to do with her, so she's back at the cells. He's making sure she doesn't get herself killed." Bakugou confessed, his face flaring up a much darker shade of pink this time.

"She's where?!"