Chapter 5

"So that's it? You just need me from five to midnight? And you'll give me thirty bucks an hour? You've got to be messing with me." Izuku said, his eyes wide as he looked at Hitoshi, who was sporting his tired smirk.

They had gone through most of the meeting and talked through his job and what it would entail. It wasn't anything to difficult, just paperwork and scheduling. It was nothing when comparing it to the pay.

Todoroki had been scowling the entire time.

"Why can't you find someone else to do this? Why go after Midoriya?" He asked, not trusting a single word Hitoshi was saying. He was definitely over stepping his boundaries at that point, but Hitoshi seemed to have a soft spot for Izuku, and Todoroki knew he wouldn't hurt him if it meant upsetting the green haired boy.

Hitoshi lazily directed his attention over to Todoroki. "Because the little shit wouldn't give me seven shots of espresso, even after I threatened him. He intrigues me." He said, glancing over to Izuku, who lightly blushed at his words.

"All this over coffee? You've got to be kidding me." Todoroki said, leaning back his chair. He knew that Hitoshi drank more coffee than should be legal, but he didn't think he would be this obsessed with it. "You seriously need to get over your caffeine addiction." He added as an after thought.

Hitoshi rolled his eyes. "Careful there, Todoroki. Don't piss me off." He said, an underlining threat in his words.

Todoroki huffed, knowing that he wouldn't get anything worse than a black eye and it wasn't like he had never dealt with one before. Hitoshi's tended to have a particular sting to them, but it wasn't something he couldn't handle.

Izuku was sitting quiet and confused. "I still don't know how you guys know each other or why you've been threatening each other all night." He pointed out, taking a sip of water.

A smirk replaced Hitoshi's glare. "You didn't tell him before coming here?" He asked Todoroki, amusement clear in his voice.

The duel haired boy remained silent. His job was not something he was proud of, just a petty way to get back at his father.

"Todoroki works for me." Hitoshi said with a shrug.

Izuku's eyes widened. "If you can work for him, why can't I?" He asked his friend, a little upset at the hypocrisy.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he said, "Because I care about your safety more than my own. Besides, I knew what I was getting into." He added, shooting a glare at Hitoshi, knowing that he didn't tell Izuku about any of the illegal activities.

Izuku was still confused. "What is that even supposed to mean? Of course I know what I'm getting into. I can take care of myself, you know Todo." He said, a hint of sass finding it's way into his voice.

Across the table, Hitoshi's eyes light up at his words. "Yeah Todo, he can handle himself." He said in a teasing manner. It wasn't everyday he found something he could use to make fun of the stoic male.

"Don't call me that." Todoroki gritted, annoyed with his childish behavior. He was beginning to learn that Hitoshi had two moods, at least from what he had seen. He was either a petty seven year old or a demon that crawled its way out of hell with the sole purpose of making people scream in torment.

Thankfully, Todoroki really only dealt with the seven year old.

"Okay, I'm beginning to doubt the whole boss thing, because you two act more like feuding brothers." Izuku pointed out, placing his chin on his open palm as he looked between the two of them.

"You wanna tell him or should I?" Hitoshi asked Todoroki.

"Wait, you guys aren't actually brothers, right?" Izuku asked, a bit worried he had actually been right.

"God no Mido, our parents were... friends, if that's even the right word, we were just raised together. We actually used to be friends until he turned into an asshole." Todoroki said, sending a glare at the other male.

Hitoshi put his hands up. "I've always been like this, you're just overly sensitive now." He jabbed back.

"Fuck you." Todoroki spat back, but kept his voice down so he wouldn't disturb anyone else in the restaurant.

"We've been over this, you're not my type-" Todoroki choked on his water at Hitoshi's joke and Izuku couldn't help the giggle that escaped his lips.

There was a strange feeling in Hitoshi's chest after hearing the nose. A warm feeling. He didn't know if he wanted it to stay forever or rot in hell. It was still a toss up.

"Jesus Christ, he's kidding." Todoroki said to Izuku, not wanting his friend to think he had ever had a crush or anything on Hitoshi. They had grown up together and were more like brothers than he cared to admit, it would just be weird.

"Yeah, that right's reserved for Bakugou." Hitoshi said, causing Todoroki to cough even more.

Izuku's head perked up at the mention of the name again. He knew, or had known, someone with the same name.... but it couldn't be the same person... he was... well probably dead.

"I used to know someone with that name...." Izuku said, wanting to know if there was any relation between his Bakugou and Todoroki's.

He missed his old friend.

Hitoshi and Todoroki both froze up at his words. They exchanged a look.

"You don't seriously think...." Todoroki said, not believing it. There was a slim chance it was the same person.

Hitoshi had an evil smile as he spoke, "Oh but I want to find out." He said, standing up and grabbing Izuku's hand. He lead him through the building and into the back, where the kitchen was, Todoroki trailing after them.

"Wait! We can't be back-" Izuku was cut off.

"Don't worry about it, I own the place." Hitoshi said, shooting Izuku a wink.

"Is he working here today? I though he was... well not here." Todoroki said, not wanting to let it slip where Bakugou was actually supposed to be. It wasn't something legal.

"He's here." Hitoshi said.

They looked around the kitchen, but didn't spot who they were looking for. Izuku was being dragged along with no clue what was happening. "Check the back." Todoroki suggested. They went into the little 'break room' type thing that was in the back.

Standing there, leaning on a counter with his back to them, was someone with ash blond hair. To Izuku, a very familiar shade of blond.

Hitoshi cleared his throat, catching the blond's attention. He turned around with a scowl. "What the fuck are you doing-" He cut himself off at the sight of a certain green haired boy.

Bakugou's eyes had gone wide, confirming Todoroki and Hitoshi's suspicions.

"Kacchan?"