Chapter 18

Saying that Izuku was confused when he woke up would be an understatement. He had no clue where he was or why, he wasn't even sure if it was still Sunday or not.

He scanned over the bedroom his was in. It was fairly plain, sticking to a white and grey theme. It was cleaned, no clutter or dirty laundry anywhere. A dresser stood on the far wall, an open closet next to it. On the other wall was another opened door, leading to a bathroom. Which meant the door directly in front of the bed was the way out.

Izuku sat, rubbing the remnants of sleep from his eyes. He yawned and looked down, which is when he noticed that Hitoshi was sound asleep next to him. "You know what? I'm not even surprised at this point." Izuku mumbled to himself.

Hitoshi groaned, wrapping his arms around Izuku's waist and pulling himself closer. "Don't talk to yourself, it's weird." He mumbled.

Izuku huffed, placing a hand on Hitoshi's messier than usual lavender hair. "Oh, so that's where you draw the line?" He asked back.

"It's seriously to early for this. Just go back to sleep." Hitoshi whined, not wanting to open his eyes and deal with the light.

"Early? Does that mean it's Monday?" Izuku asked, looking around the room for something that might tell him what the date was, not that he was really expecting to find anything.

"Yes it is, not go back to bed." Hitoshi said.

"I thought you didn't sleep." Izuku mused, turning his attention back to the toddler that had buried his face into his side.

"Correction, I rarely sleep, which is why when I do, I like to keep sleeping." He mumbled, trying to drift off again, although he knew he wouldn't be able to, especially if Izuku was going to stay awake.

His words made Izuku cringe in slight guilt. He had known that Hitoshi had trouble sleeping and he had woken him up, even if it was on accident. To make up for it, he laid back down and wormed his way out of Hitoshi's hold, just to cuddle up to his chest.

Hitoshi finally opened his eyes, looking down at Izuku. "Do you try to be this cute or does it just happen naturally?" Hitoshi asked, swiftly moving Izuku, so he was fully laying on him.

Izuku blinked down at him in surprise, not expecting the sudden change. He blushed lightly as he just accepted it and laid his head against Hitoshi's chest. "Natural I guess." He responded, not thinking that he was cute, so it wasn't like he was trying.

Suddenly the door opened, making Izuku jump slightly and look behind him. "Shin, you're gonna need- Fucking never mind." Kaminari was gone almost as fast as he had appeared.

Izuku didn't even flinch, just laid his head on Hitoshi's chest again. He didn't have time to waste on getting jealous over someone who really didn't matter. Hitoshi and Kaminari hadn't even been a thing, to Izuku's knowledge. He was just someone who was upset that the guy he liked, liked someone else. Or at least was giving someone else attention. Izuku wasn't sure if Hitoshi actually like him or if he was just toying with him.

Which posed a question.

He moved his head up so he could look at Hitoshi, letting his chin rest of his chest. "Hey Hito?" He asked softly, scared for the outcome of the question he was going to ask.

"Yes puppy?" Hitoshi asked, feeling his heart melt slightly at how much Izuku reflected a confused puppy in that moment.

"Wh-what... what is this?" He asked, looking down between the two and then back up at him.

"I believe it's call cuddling puppy, are you not familiar with it?" Hitoshi asked with a small smirk.

Izuku dropped his head onto Hitoshi's chest in slight impatience. It had taken him a lot of courage to ask Hitoshi that question, and he was playing dumb.

"I know what cuddling is, jerk. I meant us. What are we exactly? Most boss-employee relationships don't involve cuddling like this." Izuku clarified. He was pouting slightly at the joke Hitoshi had made.

He immediately perked up when Hitoshi placed a small kiss on his nose. "Guess I'm just one hell of a boss then." He said, still continuing to joke at Izuku's expense.

"Oh." Izuku said, looking down in disappointment. He moved to get off of Hitoshi, but was held in place by the other male's hands on his hips.

"Jesus, I'm kidding Izuku." He said with a small laugh that eased Izuku's worries. "I have no clue what this is. I've never been good at this kind of stuff and it kind of has a habit of blowing up in my face, especially considering my profession." Hitoshi explained.

Izuku's eyes had slightly widened. That was probably the most personal thing he had managed to get out of Hitoshi. He got annoyed with the angle he had to tilt his head to look up at Hitoshi, so he just sat up, even if they were in a bit of a compromising position. "So... you're scared?" Izuku asked, tilting his head to the side and reminding Hitoshi just why he calls him puppy.

Hitoshi scoffed at the insinuation. "I don't get scared, puppy."

Izuku frowned as he looked down. "Everyone's scared of something Hito, maybe your fear just isn't a stereotypical one like spiders and things that go bump in the night. It doesn't mean you're fearless. There's a difference between bravery and stupidity." He explained with a pointed look.

"You saying I'm stupid then?" Hitoshi asked, clearly amused by the conversation that Izuku was trying so hard to take seriously.

"What? No, that's not what I'm saying at all." Izuku rushed, worried he had offended him. "I'm just saying that people without any fear are usually ignorant to the dangers and mortality in general and they end up getting themselves killed. The smartest person alive can still be ignorant to certain things. I'm not calling you stupid, maybe a little reckless, but not stupid. I just-"

Hitoshi covered Izuku mouth with his hand while he chuckled at the mumbling. "Calm down, I know what you meant. I'm just teasing." He said, feeling Izuku relax on top of him as he let out a breath through his nose, seeing as his mouth was still blocked.

"You know, you're cute when you're flustered like that." Hitoshi said, removing his hand only to bring it to the side of Izuku's face. Even if the smaller male was a blushing mess, he still subconsciously leaned into the touch.

Two seconds later, Hitoshi had pushed himself up into a sitting position. It led to there only being a few inches in between the two.

Izuku surprised both of them when he was the one to close the distance, connecting their lips.

Their kiss was cut short by the door slamming open.

"No fucking way!" Mina squealed.

"Jeez, I didn't think he was actually telling the truth." Kirishima muttered in slight awe.

Izuku had let out a squeal when the door had opened and jumped off of Hitoshi, trying to hide under the blankets.

"What the hell do you all want?" Hitoshi asked, clearly annoyed with their presence.

"They didn't believe Kaminari when he stomped through the living room complaining that you had a new play thing. I told them to just come here if they didn't believe it." Bakugou said with a smug smile as he looked at Hitoshi.

"Thin ice Bakugou, real thin." Hitoshi said through gritted teeth. It was getting increasingly more annoyed with the blond.

Izuku reached a hand out from under the blankets and lightly smacked him on the back of the head. "Hey, what the hell?" Hitoshi asked, turning to look down at him.

"Be nice." He mumbled, still flaming red from the sudden intrusion.

"Whoa, he just hit Shinso and lived." Sero said in bewilderment.

"Not even Kaminari can do that." Kirishima said back.

Hitoshi sent them all a glare that clearly said 'shut up or die', but none of them seemed to catch on.

"Which means they aren't just sleeping together." Mina mused, trying to figure out what was going on between her boss and the small green bean.

Hitoshi's eyes slightly widened as he knew he was fucked.

Izuku sat straight up at those words. He was staring directly at Hitoshi, hurt clearly on his face.

"What?"