Chapter 6

"Kacchan?" Izuku asked in a whisper. He thought he was dead.

"Yeah?" Bakugou breathed out. There went his whole plan.

Izuku ran at the taller blond and threw himself into his arms. Bakugou caught him, holding him tightly.

Izuku abruptly pulled away after a few seconds. "I though you were dead!" He shouted.

Bakugou flinched. "Yeah, about that..."

"Katsuki Bakugou, you absolute asshole!" He said, catching everyone in the room off guard. Bakugou had kind of been expecting it, but he didn't think Izuku would swear. Hitoshi and Todoroki were just getting whiplash from Izuku's mood swings. "You left me for years! You let me think you were dead! Do you know how many tears I cried for you?! God, I haven't even been able to watch an All Might movie without breaking down! And you've just been here, chilling in a fucking restaurant?!" So he was a bit pissed, obviously. His best friend since diapers just up and disappeared one day in their junior year of high school. Everyone said he was dead.

He just decided to be a god damn chef.

What an absolute asshole.

"I have... so many questions." Hitoshi spoke up. He knew that when Bakugou had come to work for him, that he had left everything from his old life behind, for their own safety, but he didn't know that he faked his death.

Everyone ignored him.

"You have some serious explaining to do." Izuku said, tears forming in his eyes. Bakugou just nodded and pulled him into another hug. He had missed the nerd.

Then it clicked in his head.

"Why the fuck are you here with half and half and the insomniac?" He asked, pissed that he left his best friend behind to protect him, only for him to wonder into the mafia life on his own. 'I swear, trouble just follows this kid around.' Bakugou though to himself.

"Watch it, Bakugou." Hitoshi said, a slight edge to his voice. The blond only rolled his eyes in response.

"Well I'm trying to get a job, but Todoroki is trying to sabotage it." Izuku explained, still holding onto his childhood friend. He had thought he was dead for the past flourish years, he wasn't planning on letting him go anytime soon.

Bakugou looked over at the half and half male, raising an eyebrow before shooting a glare at Hitoshi. The last thing he wanted for Izuku was for him to get into the mafia.

"Does he know? Or are you just taking advantage of him?" Bakugou asked Hitoshi through gritted teeth.

Hitoshi didn't say anything, just met his glare. Todoroki took the opportunity to be 'helpful'.

"He has no clue."

Bakugou was ready to full on lunge at Hitoshi after hearing that. How could he just drag Izuku into this type of life without letting him know what he was getting into?

"What do I not know? Seriously it's been like this all night and I'm getting annoyed." Izuku said with a huff, but not annoyed enough to let go of Bakugou.

Bakugou smirk as he noticed how annoyed Hitoshi seemed to be with the fact that Izuku wouldn't let go of him. Then he looked down at the smaller male. "Well I didn't just let everyone think I fucking died so I could come work in this shitty restaurant." He said.

"Hey! This is my restaurant asshat." Hitoshi said, crossing his arms over his chest.

No one paid him any mind, all to focused on the story Bakugou was about to tell Izuku. Todoroki was paying just as much attention as the green haired male. He might be 'close' with Bakugou, but no one knew much about his life before the mafia, not even Todoroki.

"Why'd you do it then?" Izuku asked in a small voice, looking up at Bakugou, his eyes wide as more tears threatened to spill at the memories of not having his best friend for so many years.

Bakugou let out a deep sigh. He didn't want to ever have this conversation. He didn't want to tell Izuku that he had run away and left him behind, for the mother fucking mafia. He wasn't sure his friend could forgive him for that.

"I... I left because..." It hit him then how hard this was going to be for him.

"Oh for fucks sakes, he left to join the mafia." Hitoshi said, causing Izuku to gasp and break away from the blond. Bakugou gritted his teeth again shot another glare at Hitoshi, who just lifted his hands in surrender. "It's not like you were gonna spit it out anytime soon." He pointed out.

"Wh-what? Kacchan, that can't be true, right? He's lying. Please tell me he's lying." Izuku said, backing up, making sure to keep a good amount of space between him and everyone else in the room.

If Bakugou worked for the mafia, and worked for Hitoshi, which Todoroki also does, that meant they were all apart of it. He didn't trust any of them.

"He's not lying, Deku." Bakugou said, never feeling more ashamed of his choice.

The room started to close in on Izuku as he came to the realization that his best friend was part of an extremely illegal organization. Then another thought hit him. "H-have you- Have you killed someone?" He asked, his voice a quiet whisper.

Bakugou and Todoroki both flinched at the question. Hitoshi on the other hand decided to answer it. "It's the mafia, we've all killed people before." He said, his eyes dull and void of any emotions.

Izuku's chest started to rise and fall rapidly as he tried to process the fact that two of his closest friends were murderers. When his brain decided it couldn't handle it, his body took off at a sprint out the doors.

Bakugou and Todoroki moved to follow after him, but Hitoshi lifted a hand. "You two stay here. His image of you both was just shattered into a million pieces, I doubt he wants to see you anytime soon." He said, walking towards the door.

He had an assistant he needed to find.

"And you think he's gonna want to see you of all people?" Todoroki spat out at him. He was livid and it was hard to control his anger directed at his own childhood friend. Something had happened to him, only a few years earlier, and he had changed. Not for the better.

"He had you both placed on shining pedestals, thinking you were both so great and amazing. He learned otherwise, where as I have always just been the dick from a coffee shop. He never expected much from me, so I didn't shatter his heart nearly as much as you two did." He said before disappearing out of the door.

Bakugou let out a shuttering breath as he finally left. It caught the attention of Todoroki. "You know I have a lot of questions." The duel haired male said, not taking his eyes off the door.

"Yeah, I figured as much."