CHAPTER 5

The two have been talking for the past two hours. It's still raining, even stronger than before, but they could not hear it over their own laughter.

"Ok, ok, now... I wanna ask you a question."

A big grin appeared on Gavin's face as he said that. Conan was intrigued by this.

"Oh, really? Sure, go for it."

"I know you were still in the Cyberlife tower by the time of the revolution. What did you do until you started working with us?"

Gavin's grin faded back to a subtle smile, he looked into Conan's eyes with genuine curiosity. Conan noticed that Gavin's gaze was just a tadbit intimidating. It was something that just came naturally with years of interrogation.

"Huh, interesting question. Connor and Hank found me. I should have deviated right then and there, but Connor didn't want to miracle me into a deviant. "

Conan smiled, it was a fond memory.

"I asked him why he didn't. He said he saw a lot of himself in me. I mean we do look alike, but it was because we were both designed to destroy. Both him and I were just tools for destroying our own kind... So they took it upon themselves to take care of me and they helped me understand emotion and feeling, rather than pushing me into it. They really are like family."

"Huh... that's really nice."

Gavin couldn't think of something else to say. It was just sweet and nice, and that was enough to say. It made him smile.

"You know, it's really weird without your constant sarcastic comments."

"Oh, shut up!"
Gavin chuckled.
"Anyways, until March you were bussy becoming a deviant?"

Conan leaned back into the couch.

"Yeah... You know it's strange, I have the emotional inteligence and maturity, but I have experienced so little myself. And it's scary honestly. Things like constant stress, fear, heartbreak... I'm yet to experience it, and in theory I know how to handle it, but I'm not sure if I will be able to do so when the time comes."

He looked at Gavin with a worried look, it was something that was bothering him for a while. Gavin scooted over to him.

"Look, I can't tell you it's gonna be fine because I can't predict the future..."

He squeezed Conan's shoulder.

"...but you know who you can talk to."

Gavin turned his gaze away. He was blushing. To Conan (who was also blushing), this was unexpectedly kind of Gavin.

"...Thank you, Gavin."

"Yeah, no problem."

Gavin said that under his breath. He patted Conan's back and got up.

"I gotta check on Noah. You wanna meet him?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Great, wait here."