Chapter Two: Save Me From Myself

The boy grinned in front of me and when he blinked, his eyes turned into a bright, vibrant blue, making me shudder. But wait, who was he? What was he doing here?

I could barely remember why I answered the door, my mind was swimming and all I wanted to do was stare into his blue eyes just because they looked so beautiful, so captivating, so... Hypnotizing.

"W-who are you?" I stuttered. I felt like I had a bad case of deja vu, a scene out of a bad Stephen King novel.

"Hey, I'm Luke! I just moved in next door, I just wanted to stop by and tell you your front door was wide open," his brow furrowed in false confusion and I scowled.

What the fuck? It was? It couldn't have been. This fucker was lying.

But when I looked back into his eyes, I saw the truth. I never wanted to look away. "I-I'm-" I stuttered.

"You're Ophelia," Luke smirked down at me. I gasped and tried to slam the door in his face but he stopped it with his foot. "Where are you going, sweetheart?" How in the hell did he know my name?

"Leave me alone or I'll call the cops!" I screamed at the strange boy. I didn't know what he wanted from me or why he was here but I was scared of what I knew he could be capable of.

"Call the cops?" He mimicked in a high-pitched voice. "You really wanna do that? Then here," he pulled his phone out his pocket and leaned in the doorway, holding it out to me. "Call them. See what good it does you."

"Stop it!" I screamed at him, pushing him out of the doorway and locking the door behind me as fast as I could. I was already hyperventilating, and when I turned around my heart jumped out of my chest. "Get out of my house!"

He smirked in front of me. "That is no way to welcome an honored guest, Ophelia."

I pushed past him and charged for my bedroom, watching in horror as the door to my room flew shut with a bang in my face and I heard the lock click. I turned around, my head bumping into the boy who introduced himself as Luke's chest and tried to scream but no sound came out.

"No one can hear you, baby," he whispered into my ear, making me shiver.

I felt his arms snake around my chest and panicked, bringing my knee up fast and hard to hiss groin, making double over and groan, releasing me out of his grip. I sprinted down the stairs and ran for the back door, flinging it open and screaming so loud I felt my blood run cold when I looked outside.

I saw Hell. The sky was a dark, flaming red while creatures flew in the dry wind, ashes blew away in the breeze and mountains caught on fire and charred to dust in seconds, only for more to appear almost out of no where.

I stood on my back porch with tears running down my face and looked down, wishing I hadn't. Below me, hundreds of thousands dead bodies laid out on the ground, bloodied and beaten, some of them twitched so much I was sure they were still alive.

"Do you like what you see?" I jumped when I heard the familar voice behind me, and cringed when I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

"Just let me go" I whispered, squeezing my eyes tight. Maybe this was just a hallucination or something. Maybe I had just gone mad. Either would do.

"Okay." His arms let go of my body and he put his on my shoulder blades, pushing me into air before I could react.

-

"Ophelia! Ophelia, wake up! You're screaming in your sleep again!" My mom yelled in my ear. I sat straight up like a zombie and tried to catch my breath. Was it just a dream? It's just a dream, I told myself. "Are you okay?" My mom asked with a frown. I wiped the sweat off my brow and nodded, looking at my alarm clock. 6:33, it read. At least I was up on time.