16: Orlando (Part 7) - Culmination, the Conclusion

A/N: Fuck it, triple update.

Have fun.

WARNING

THIS IS THE THIRD PART OF A TRIPLE UPDATE

READ THE FIRST TWO, YOU BEAUTIFUL SONS OF BITCHES

Thank you.

6:21 p.m.

"This fucking line!"

I was starting to agree with her. The ride had been delayed after we had waited for two hours. It was now dragging onto four, which even I found ridiculous. "Do you want to leave—"

"No!" She was surprisingly determined. "I've waited this long, and I'm getting onto this fucking ride."

The room we were waiting in was large, with winding rails composing the line. There was a massive screen on one of the walls, maybe 30 feet tall, depicting the banshee creatures and their immersed Avatar riders to add to the ride's theming. A message sounded every five minutes: "We are currently experiencing a technical delay in our operations. We are sorry for the additional wait and thank you for your patience."

We were listening to music on her AirPods, music she turned down so that we could talk properly. "It's already 18:00," I said, converting for her sake. "We're meant to have dinner in a few hours."

"Do you not want to ride?"

"No, I definitely want to." I'd heard a lot about this ride from some of my friends who still lived in Florida.

"We're decided, then."

Just as she finished speaking, an announcement came over the loudspeaker. "We are happy to report that the ride is now fully operational. Thank you for your patience."

Multiple groans and cheers resounded from the people around us, and Nayeon gave a celebratory cheer. "Finally!" she exclaimed as the line kept moving.

I heard the song over the AirPods change to one off of BTS's February album. "You listen to BTS?"

"Yeah, of course. Who doesn't?"

"I just... I dunno, it's kind of odd that you haven't made any big deal about meeting them IRL."

"They're just artists. I appreciate their work. It's a shame they had to delay the start of their tour to September."

I found that connection odd. Thinking of celebrities as fellow people in the industry. Then I realized that it was the same for me, now. "This is still so weird."

"What is?"

"That... well, that you're all so famous."

"Oh, stop." She blushed slightly. "I can see what you mean. If you had told ten-year-old me that I would have been a superstar ten years later..." She made laughed in disbelief.