17: Summertime Sadness, Morning Madness

A/N: Here I was, looking at my analytics, when I realized that a whole ass 62 of you viewed my story the week before. Hi! How's it going? Hope you're enjoying so far!

The progress this story has been making is, frankly, quite astonishing. We're incredibly close to 5,000 views (yay!), we've finally broke top 100 in the ONCE charts, and we're back to top 30 in the manager charts! Thank you guys so much! Your support means the world.

I realized a small little continuity error between the New York and Orlando portions, but that should be fixed up about now.

While doing so, I realized that I'd completely forgotten about the "envelope missions" planned for the trip. Rather than retconning them, I'll have a flashback chapter at some point in the future explaining some things. Look forward to that!

Another three chapters should wrap up this vacation arc. I've been keeping a Word document of this story on my laptop and... let's just say it's getting very large.

After that, it's time for some new stuff back in Korea!

Now it's time to talk about everyone's favorite thing...

Coronavirus.

I am okay. I hope you all are okay. Just remember to not be stupid!

You don't need an excess of supplies. Only buy what you need, like normal. Stores will stay open, even on lockdown. People who can't afford buying in bulk rely on others to buy only when they need to. Don't be a hoarder!

I don't know how many people need to hear this, but washing your hands is still the best way to protect yourself. If you start showing signs of a cough or a cold, don't stress yet! The statistical infection rate is still low, meaning it's likely just the flu or some mild sickness.

If you show symptoms, follow these steps:

- Take over the counter medicine. It might be a common thing like a cold or allergies.
- If your symptoms get worse or more numerous (a combination of cough, sneezing, fever, etc.), call a doctor.
- Don't go to the ER unless things are really bad. You're taking up space for others and increasing your exposure to the virus.

With all of this said, it doesn't mean to be ignorant! We need to be vigilant and aware of the supplies and testing kits available to the public. Be careful and, if given the opportunity, make a case for increased testing kits! The US is still severely underprepared to test even those who show symptoms, and we need leaders to realize that!

On a better note, I have more time to write given that offices, schools, and campuses are all requesting people to stay home. Hopefully I'll be able to update again this week.

Stay safe out there! I hope my writing brings you some king of consolation during these times.

Phew, that's a long A/N. Thanks to the few of you who read the entire thing.

Without further ado, enjoy!

Tuesday, June 2
Orlando, Florida, USA
9:03 a.m.

I woke up next to Nayeon. The two of us had evidently fallen asleep watching a movie, though I didn't remember much of what happened prior... until it came back to me.