25: Live From Seoul (Part 1)

A/N: If y'all really thought I wasn't going to update on Nayeon's birthday...

I decided to wait a couple days, just to make the event extra special.

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter, it's one of the longer ones :)

Friday, July 17
Seoul, Korea
6 days to COMEBACK SEASON

I woke up at 10:00. Rather late for me, I know, but the girls' preparations didn't need to start until 15:00, at which point we needed to head to the arena for a stage check. I didn't expect to sleep in that late, though. I had planned to make breakfast for the girls, but from the sounds of chaos emanating from the kitchen, it seemed like they'd taken up the charge themselves.

Trying to ignore the squeals and ominous sounds of water splashing on the gas burners, I stretched and yawned. I'd had the best night of sleep in recent memory. Maybe I should legit try exhaustion, I thought drily, pulling my shirt back on. Normally, I'd shower and change, but I only had time to brush, wanting to make sure nothing potentially disastrous to the house's value was going on.

While at the sink I scrolled through Twitter, just to make sure nothing world-ending was going on. Something close was happening on the trending page, though. Bangtan had taken over the top eleven trending spots on Global, with ARMYs tagging each member's concept photos in anticipation for the first concert of the tour tonight. I shivered, for my inexperience had convinced me that tonight wouldn't be terribly insane. I'd forgotten just how popular BTS actually were.

The Olympic Stadium held 90,000 people. That was a very big number; in fact, I'd never seen anywhere close to that amount of people in a single space. I just hoped that the reaction to the girls' appearance would be what we expected...

I shook off my thoughts, resolving to do my job instead. I wrapped up and headed downstairs, nearly forgetting to put on my shorts before I did.

It looked like Mina had taken the helm, a responsibility that I think was dished out rather fittingly. She'd drafted Nayeon, Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Sana to help her, and from the looks of it, they were actually almost finished. On the island was a massive platter of eggs, maybe almost twenty if I had to guess. The girls had also prepared some chicken and rice, next to which sat a pot of demi-glace that "isn't on a damn trivet!" I exclaimed, quickly picking the pot up and wiping the surface.

"What the hell is a trivet?" Dahyun asked as I brushed past the fruit plate.

I opened a drawer and took out a circular cork mat. I put the pot back down on the counter, this time on top of the mat. "This. If you put a pot straight on the counter, you'll end up scorching it." But then I looked down at the counter and remembered it was fancy ass white granite that doesn't scorch as easily as my old vinyl counters. Still, I said nothing.

"So, it's a fancy word for a pot holder," Dahyun clarified.

"That's what those are for?" Sana asked. She was sitting on a stool next to the cutting board, evidently finished with her part of the work. "I thought they were big coasters for parties."