Chapter 3

The lava gormitis walked deeper and deeper into the swamp. But, as they did that, there were more and more reptiles looking in their direction. They all made scary noises at them. Scaring a few of the lava soldiers. But, Magor wasn't scared. After all, they were just animals and were probably more scared of them, than they are of them. 

The soldiers felt uneasy, which made the general uneasy too. They all walked slower and slower because they didn't want to go deeper, and instead wanted to turn back quickly. But, there was no luck with them. Because a few of the gators came out from the water and blocked the path behind them. A few of the lava gormitis saw that which made them a bit scared, especially fume.

Fume felt like he was being watched, not by the reptiles but by something else. He turned his head in all directions to at least see who was watching him. He made the others think he was weird, so they walked faster, to pass him. He tried to follow the others, but he was too busy trying to look at who or what was looking at him. 

He then stopped. But, it was something else that made him stop. 

Right in front of him, he saw a few gators eating some fish. One held a fish in its mouth, while another one was swallowing a fish whole. Two other gators didn't do anything, instead, they just looked at Fume. But, it wasn't the gators that caught Fume's attention. It was the thing that was poking out its head from the water bushes. It was looking at Fume. And Fume was looking at it. 

This thing had a canine-like head shape to it. The head was white. It had big brown eyes. and under those eyes were markings, almost like war paint. It also looked like it had ears, but the ears were down, so Fume was unsure about that. This thing stood out from the others. It only looked at Fume, and nothing else.

Fume was a bit surprised, he has never seen anything like this before

Fume was a bit surprised, he has never seen anything like this before. What was this thing? Why was it looking at him? Fume was somehow transfixed on that thing. He didn't know what to do. He dropped to the ground on his knees, trying to look closer. A few gators slowly swam up to him. But, he didn't notice. He could only look at the thing in front of him.

Before anything gruesome could happen, someone yelled out.

"FUME!!"

The flying lava gormiti flew over to Fume and landed beside him. The landing caused the gators to back away. He held Fume by his shoulders and shook him. Fume woke up from his transfixed state and looked at Firespitter, confused. What just happened to him?

"Firespitter?..." Fume said, still confused.

"Dude! You were about to get eaten by those gators! Why didn't you notice?!" Firespitter said, waiting for an answer.

"Gators?..." Fume said.

"Yes, Gators! Those animals were about to eat you up!" Firespitter replied.

"Sorry, I didn't notice...I was just looking at the thing over there" Fume said and pointed to where the thing was.

Firespitter looked at the direction Fume was pointing, but didn't see anything. Instead, he said.

"You mean the bushes and those gators in the water?" Firespitter said.

"What? What do you mean?!" Fume said and turned his head around to look.

As he did that, he only saw the bushes and the gators, but not the thing that was looking at him. Where was it?

"But, it was right there" Fume said.

"Let's go to the others" Firespitter said.

"But, the thing..." Fume said.

"Let's go!" Firespitter Yelled, making Fume stand up and follow him.

To be continued.