Chapter 5 - Roman Goddess

(A/N just another image of "Venus" hehe figured this was a perfect picture to match her hair for this chapter and I just love that song)

My alarm blares and my eyes flutter. The night before left me tired. I go to the mirror and take out my hair from its braids. After I got out of the shower the night before I put my hair in Dutch braids. My hair is now in curls and I shake my head.

I grab my clothes from my chair- black pants with a thick red sweater. I put on my vans high tops again and go downstairs. Last night I didn't have homework so I grab some breakfast and grab my bag. Today it's a beagle with cream cheese.

I grab my keys and drive to school today. I kinda hope I don't see Rowan. I'm not his girlfriend and I went on one date with him, sorta. I spot Elaine against her locker, as I walk to her I notice she is crying.

"Elaine!" I jog up to her and I look across the hallway. I see Alex and Jess making out. "Oh Elaine, I'm sorry. He was a fuck boy anyways. Don't give hime the attention." She nods and buries her head more into the locker. I get closer to her and rub her back. Poor girl fell for a player and I'm going down the same road.

After persuading Elaine we make it to class. Only a little late.

"Oh thank you for finally attending class!" The teacher chimes. I try not to roll my eyes.

"Sorry Mrs. Scott. We had some troubles." She motioned for us to explain. I look at Elaine who has red puffed eyes. I look across the room to Alex and Rowan at their desks together. They look at us as well as the rest of the class. He gives me a concerning look and I look at the teacher. "Troubles with uh.. my uh." Rowan pipes up,

"Her mom is out of town and is having troubles at home." The teacher nods and turns to the board. He winks at me and I go and sit down. The same thing will happen to you if you don't cut him off. I nod to myself and Elaine sits next to me. I look up and see Jess and Amelia snickering. I try to eavesdrop on their conversation to figure out why they are snickering. I hear Elaine sniffle and I turn to her only to see her holding back more tears. I try to fake cry so I can get us out of here. I raise my hand,

"Can I take a personal moment?" A tear runs down my face and the teacher nods. "Can Elaine come? She has been my friend since like birth and my mom is like her mom." The teacher points to the door just saying for us to leave. We head out and she leaps to my arms.

"Thank you!" I nod.

"Of course El, lets head to my house and we can watch awful movies." She nods and I put my arm around her. I hear someone running behind us and part of me thinks it's Alex coming for her. I whip my head around,

"Look Alex you've done enough. How about turn around and leave El be!" I see Rowan standing there with his head cocked to the side.

"Wha-?" He asks.

"Sorry, Alex broke her heart and I thought Alex was chasing after her." He nods.

"Need help?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Ve- invite him over!" El whisper yells at me. I shake my head at her. "Come on, maybe you can get a little funky!" She wiggles her eyes at me. I gasp at her.

"No it's okay, I've got her under control." I say staring at his deep green eyes.

"I'm not under anything or anyone." She groans at me and I glare at her trying not to laugh. Rowan cracks a smile though. I shove at Elaine and we start heading out the school. I glance behind me to make sure Rowan didn't follow.

"Instead of being under control you could have been under Rowan." She states. I stare at her.

"What's wrong with you?!" I try not to shout at her. She laughs.

We arrive at my house and she steals a pair of my pajamas. And I change into some shorts with a Shawn Mendes hoodie. Ahhh Shawn Mendes, now that's a boyfriend. I chuckle to myself as we settle with a blanket and popcorn on the couch. I let her choose the show and she decides to put on a comedy by Bo Burnham.

We laugh all day watching stand up comedy. It starts getting late and she gets a message from her mom. I glance at her phone.

Mom @ 3:45
Get your brother from after school camp. I'm going to be home late and your dad is out of town.. again.

She groans and starts to leave. I toss her backpack to her,

"Give me back my pajamas tomorrow." I shout before she closes the door.

"Or never! Okay by muah!" And she slams the door before I can argue. I haven't checked my phone today because I knew Elaine needed me. I see 6 missed messages.

Rowan @ 10:56
How are you guys?

Rowan @ 12:05
Aww no response?

Rowan @ 1:38
No I'll get her- don't worry Alex

Shit

Uh, how's my goddess?

Rowan: @ 2:59
Can I come over soon?

Rowan @ 3:40
See you soon my goddess.

I hear a knock. I don't want to know what he meant by that message clearly meant for Alex. I keep watching my movie and I hear another knock. Then my phone rings. Good god does he give up?

"No ones here!" I shout.

"Dang it okay- do you know when my goddess might be here?" Rowan shouts through the closed door.

"Uh never maybe!" I shout back. He knocks again,

"Do you want to build a snowman?" I groan. Oh God he knows Disney.

"Ugh I despise you." I get up and open the door. I see him smile and then I close the door again.

"Love is an open door?" He says.

"Staahhhpppp!" I shout. He opens the door and plops his fine ass on my couch. "Excuse me?" I ask.

"Your excused. You gonna join me or not?" I sit a couple feet away from him and cross my arms. He looks at me trying to hide worry.

"No. Could you actually leave? I don't wish for your company right now." He looks down at his lap.

"Look it's not what you think-" I cut him off.

"It's exactly what I think. Your a player and I know that. I expected this to happen." I shrug and he shakes his head.

"But I do like you. Your amazing and I didn't mean for you to see that message." He tries to defend himself.

"Then you shouldn't have sent it in the first place." I pause and he doesn't respond. "I'm going to regret this but- what was my bet worth? Was that what I'm apart of or was it truth or dare? What were you hoping to gain?"

Let the games begin.

(A/N)

This just took a turn. Oh my so early in the book? Good luck! 😉

Bye lovelies. See you next chapter!