The Sorting Feast

A/N
I do not own any of these characters nor the Harry Potter universe. They all belong to JK Rowling. *TW SELF HARM*
________________________

Harry couldn't believe it. He could not believe it. He fancied Draco bloody Malfoy. He had to get over this. And fast. Like. Ultra fast. He berated himself for even paying it this much attention and pulled himself away from his thoughts to try and enjoy himself with his two best friends.

By the time things started going bad the Trolley Witch had already come and gone, and they were just finishing the last of the chocolate frogs, when Harry heard footsteps and the door to their compartment slid open.

Shit. He had completely forgotten about Malfoy's yearly compartment visit's.

"Well, well, we'll, Potter. Back for another year? I'd think you'd have thought twice after last years events. Poor little Potter facing the big bad Dark Lord." Malfoy taunted.

"Fuck off Malfoy" Harry muttered distractedly. No matter how mad he was at him he couldn't help but notice how his hair was swooped just right, and how that smirk was having more of an effect on him then he would like to admit.

Malfoy chuckled. "Scared Potter?" He sneered.

Harry stood up and pulled out his wand, pointing it at Malfoy and his goons,

"You wish Malfoy".

And at that he flicked his wand and Malfoy was pushed out of the compartment as the door slid shut, Rattling in its frame.

"Yo, mate, you alright?"  Ron asked, his voice a touch hesitant.

"Ya, just Malfoy's bloody annoying. Why's he have to go after us like that every year?" Harry grumbled.

Ron nodded, apparently taking this as an acceptable answer and went back to raving about the Chudley Canons.

The rest of the train ride went like that, pretty uneventfully. Sooner then he would have liked, it was time to get their robes on as the train was starting to slow down.

They got off the train and waited in line for a carriage. They ended up a few people behind Malfoy and so Harry spent that wait sneakily taking in every inch of his body. He looked lean and fit, probably from quidditch like himself, and he was tall, about the same height as Harry. Maybe a bit taller. He would be nice to fuck. Harry decided he wouldn't let himself think of anything more. Malfoy would be good for a quick fuck and nothing else.

Harry shook his head and scolded himself for even thinking that. To distract himself until Malfoy went away, he turned away and dug his nails into his palm under his cloak.

Eventually a carriage pulled up in front of them and Ron and Hermione moved to get in. But Harry couldn't bring himself to move because instead of the carriages pulling themselves there was something in front! A big black skeletal being that looked vaguely like a horse was pulling each carriage!

"Uh. You coming mate?" Ron poked his head out. Harry climbed in a confused look on his face.

"What's with the things pulling the carriages this year?"  He asked vaguely to Hermione and Ron.

"What do you mean Harry, nothings pulling the carriages. Nothing ever has..." Hermione said, a concerned edge to her voice.

"No, no there something pulling it this year, look! He pointed out the window, "they're right there!"

Ron had a look on his face that told Harry he thought he was going bonkers and Hermione looked a tad concerned, as though he was babbling nonsense. Just then a small airy voice drifted up from the side of the carriage.

"Don't worry, I see them too. I have since my first year. Your just as sane as I am" A blond Ravenclaw said, looking up from her book. She was so quiet that he hadn't even realized she was there until now.

Although he wasn't sure he was very comforted by her statement as she seemed to be wearing radishes from her ears and was reading a strangely coloured magazine called The Quibbler upside down. Nevertheless Harry smiled at her softly and turned away. Looks like he wouldn't be getting his answer then.

Soon enough they were at the school sitting down at their House Tables getting ready to see The Sorting. While they were waiting though Harry happened to glance up at the staff table and noticed a short, stout, vaguely toad like woman wearing all pink.

Harry gasped. "It's Umbridge!" 

"What? Who's that Harry?" Hermione asked. Harry pointed up to wear she was talking to Dumbledore.

"Just there. The one in all pink. She was at my hearing! She works for Fudge!"

Hermione started a bit at that and started muttering to herself eyes wide, but before he could ask what was wrong the first years arrived.

After a bit of waiting the brim of the dirty old hat that had been sitting on the stool ripped open and started singing a song. Harry tried to concentrate on what it was saying, he really did, but his attention kept wavering and he found his eyes wandering over to a specific blonde across the hall a few times.

After averting his gaze several times, Harry gave up and decided to just give in and stare at the perfect boy across the hall from him. He let his eyes roam around the parts of the boys body he could see and was just thinking about how much he would like to find himself in a dark deserted corridor with him, when food suddenly appeared on the table in front of him.

He piled his plate high, thankful for the distraction the food gave him as he was a little scared of how far his thoughts might go considering the slytherin had such an exceptional reputation in the art of sexual acts that even he knew about it. Later as he lay in bed he would think more on that but right now he just focused on the treacle that has just appeared before him.

They spent the rest of dinner talking and laughing about how good it was to be back and what classes they would have. Harry was not looking forward to potions as he knew he had it with the Slytherin's and he was sure that his grades would be dropping considerably in that course and any classes they had with the slytherin variety.

They went up to the common room after getting the password from the Head Boy, and, feeling very full and tired, they all went up to their dormitories and got dressed for bed.

All the boys fell asleep pretty quickly except for Harry who, for the life of him, could not get Malfoy out of his bloody head. He thought he would surely go insane if he thought about him any moment longer so, once he assured himself that all the boys were asleep, he crept out of bed and into the bathroom.

Quietly closing the door behind him, he sat down on the floor against the tub and pulled up his shirt, pointing his wand at his side and murmuring a quick cutting charm. This time the pain was sharp and he gasped a bit as he felt the sting of the cut along his side. He stood up and looked at it in the mirror for a bit, watching the blood bloom and spill onto his side, before closing it up swiftly and going back to bed feeling much more relaxed.

Well Harry thought that's one way to get him out of my head. And promptly fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.