Detention With Umbridge

A/N
I do not own any of these characters nor the Harry Potter universe. They all belong to JK Rowling.
________________________

Harry realized just before he got to his dormitory that he'd had detention with Umbridge that night. Shit. He thought checking his watch. Shit shit shit shit shit. He'd missed almost half of it and that surely meant he'd be getting more.

He sprinted down to the DADA office and burst in panting a quick "sorry I'm late sorry I forgot".  Umbridge sent him a stern look and said "you'll get detention next week as well Mr Potter"  he just nodded and sat down in his seat, picking up the quill with trepidation, and starting to write his lines. The now familiar, but still painful prick of the words on his hand started and soon enough the scars on his left hand reading "I must not tell lies" were reopened and oozing blood.

He wrote the same words etched onto the back of his hand over and over for half an hour, clenching his hand to try and relieve any of the burning pain the scratching of the quill caused him. He was determined not to show the bitch how much it was bothering him and the  few times he ended up dropping the quill by accident or it cut particularly deep and he hissed, she would just look up smiling sweetly and say "is something wrong Mr Potter?" 

As soon as it hit curfew he put down the quill and started getting up to leave, only to hear Umbridge say "where do you think your going Mr Potter? You were late you need to make up that time."  And, unwilling to argue with her, Harry sat back down and wrote his lines for another half an hour.

By the time Umbridge let him go it was half an hour passed curfew and his hand was worse then ever. First he ran to the nearest bathroom to run it under cold water for 5 minutes to try and help with the burning, and then he wound his way through the halls trying not to get caught by Filch. The nasty caretaker almost caught him once but he managed to hide behind a tapestry.

When he finally stumbled into the Gryffindor common room he found Ron and Hermione waiting for him.

"Harry where were you! We've been waiting we were worried sick when you weren't back before curfew and Ron said he saw you rush out again right after coming back and-"
"Woah woah woah Hermione calm down. I forgot I had detention with Umbridge for talking about Voldemort and she made me stay late because of it."  He shrugged, wincing involuntarily when it made his still throbbing hand burn with heat. Hermione was on him in an instant.

"Whats wrong Harry?" She asked rushing over to him. He tried to wriggle away from her. "Nothing Hermione. Nothings wrong."  Hermione didn't listen and continued examining him "nonsense I saw you flinch something must be- HARRY WHAT IS THIS?!"  He winced as she found his hand and grabbed it. He immediately pulled it away as just having her touch it was excruciating.

"It's nothing Hermione it's just Umbridge's dumb form of punishment." He shrugged it off but the stubborn girl would not be swayed. She held out her hand expectantly while staring him down. Honestly she scared him sometimes and he recognized the glint in her eyes well enough that he knew that if he didn't comply he'd be in some serious trouble, so he sighed and gave in placing his hand gingerly in hers.

When she saw the writing etched into his hand she gasped. "Oh Harry, what did she do to you..."  Harry opened his mouth to explain, but the shut it again as he realized he wasn't exactly sure. "I don't know." He said slowly "she makes me write lines with this quill but there's no ink it just. Uses my blood I guess and it took the words from the paper and put them on my hand"

At that point Ron was standing over his shoulder glaring down at the words "I'm gonna kill her"  he said.

It went on like that for about an hour. They wanted to tell Dumbledore but in the end he convinced them that he wouldn't be able to do anything as she was placed there by the ministry. After begrudgingly agreeing Hermione and Ron went up to their respective dormitories and Harry followed behind closely.

He knew as well as anyone he was in for a terrible nights sleep.