Dumbledores Army

A/N
I do not own any of these characters nor the Harry Potter universe. They all belong to JK Rowling. *TW self harm*
________________________

Harry stared blankly at Hermione. She had just finished proposing to him that they make their own group to learn Defense. At first he thought it was a great idea, until she asked if he would run it.

"So?" Hermione looked at him hopefully. "Will you do it?"

Harry just continued looking at her, his face becoming more and more apprehensive.

"...Harry?" Hermione asked after a few seconds. She was looking at him with pleading eyes, trying to get him to say something.

Harry finally came to his senses. "Nope. Nope nope nopety nope nope" Harry said immediately getting up. "I will not run this group." He said as he walked out of The Three Broomsticks, Ron and Hermione following close behind.

Hermione bugged him about it the entire rest of the day. While they were at Zonkos, Honeydukes, the Shrieking Shack, walking through the town, and she even continued talking about it while walking across Hogwarts grounds.

"Please Harry this would be great for all of us" Hermione begged while they were walking into the Entrance Hall. Harry opened his mouth to respond, but Hermione cut him off saying "And don't you dare say your not qualified your the best at Defense in our year and you've defeated You Know Who 4 times!" Harry scowled and shot back "I was only a baby the first time and I don't even know how I did it" but Hermione just levelled him with a stern glare and said "Exactly"

Harry was beginning to think about agreeing just to shut her up. He listened to her beg all the way up to the common room throwing in small comments about how it was all luck, and that he honestly didn't know how he was still alive. Which was true he honestly had no idea. Most of the time he wished Voldemort had succeeded in his mission, that way he wouldn't be stuck here with an unrequited crush, and Hermione trying to get him to join, and lead, a student run Defense group.

He had spaced out for a little bit and came to to Hermione begging him, once again, to lead the group. By this point they were in the common room and she was looking at him with that look that told him she would just keep doing this till he said yes. So he finally, reluctantly, said "Fine. I'll do it. But your running everything ok?" Hermione's face lit up in excitement. "Alright! Thank you so so so so much Harry!!"

Harry groaned but he smiled a bit. "No problem Hermione. Now get off of me I have to go get my transfiguration essay done" the last part he said because Hermione has latched onto him in a absolutely bone crushing hug.

As soon as Hermione let go of him he went quietly up to his dorm. As much as he loved Hermione she could be a bit much sometimes. And all he wanted to do right now was take some time to himself to let the fake smile fall off his face and relax. He was having a bad day, usually the numbness took over and Harry was happy to let it do that so he didn't have to feel the sad, but today it hasn't leaving Harry to survive all day with bone crushing sadness weighing him down like a 1000 pound weight over his head. So Harry went and did the only thing he knew how to do on days like these to make it easier.

He went into his trunk, grabbed the old switchblade he'd brought by accident from the Dursley's, went into the bathroom, and chose a place to slice.

Today he choose a spot on his abdomen and sliced it open watching the blood lazily bead up and roll down his stomach, staining his skin red. After a minute or so of watching it he cleaned it up and cast a spell he'd learned in the library to close it without a scar.

Now that that's finished, he actually does have to finish that essay.