Seductress (FxF)

*Vampire Girlfriend!*

*I do not own the images in the media space. They are easily found with a quick google search.*

Samara was terrified. She had been dared to spend an hour in the old Hawthorne mansion, but in her quaint little town, no one even attempted to walk past the iron gates for fear of what could or would pull you in.

When you walked down the sidewalk, it was common knowledge to cross the street rather than walk in front of the gate. It's the way things have been for centuries.

Although Samara would never admit it, she was indeed frightened. She knew the legends, the myths, the folklore and she would've never done this had she not been dared to.

Legend states that the old man seduced young women and killed them here several centuries ago. At one point the townspeople tried to burn the old house and its residents to the ground.

Surprisingly as soon as the fire was lit it was extinguished. They're attempts so bust down the door failed, they tried everything to rid their town of the monster inside, but none of their attempts ever worked. Eventually, they gave up.

The man inside was never heard from, but every once in a while a young woman or two would go missing and rumors of it being old man Hawthorne's doing circulated.

Samara and her friends had been playing truth or dare at her house down the street and eventual it was brought outside with an 'I dare you to streak naked through the back yard.' And other juvenile dares, until Samaras friend Casey had dared her to go through the iron gate, walk into the Hawthorne mansion, and stay there for a whole hour.

Samaras' heart had stopped when her friend dared her, but she was no pussy, so she stood up from the grass and walked down the sidewalk with her small group of friends in tow.

It had been centuries since old man Hawthorne had even been 'seen' and so there was no way there was anyone left in the old run-down mansion.

All that was bound to be in there was rats, cats, and bats, right?

As she neared the old iron gate, the point where normal people crossed the street at, she felt her heart leap out of her chest.

She took a few deep breaths before trudging forward. Her heart was pounding.

Her friends were silent as she placed a hand on the gate until she heard Casey's voice, "Hey, listen," she chuckled nervously, "You don't have to go in there. You touching the gate is enough. Come on, let's go back to your house and watch a movie or something."

She would be lying if she said she didn't want to go along with Casey's new plan, but...

Something was drawing Samara closer. Something in the house was calling out to her.

Is this how Hawthorne got the young women to walk into his house? Did he call out to them?

There was no gender to the calling. She was just faintly aware that something was saying her name, beckoning her forward and through the gate.

"No, I was dared and I'm gonna do it," she stated as confidently as she could.

On the inside, however, she was shaking. She wanted nothing more than to run from the house and never look back, but she commanded her feet to move.

She pushed the gate open and stepped inside, closing it behind her. The dark path was only illuminated by the full moon, an omen maybe? Leaves and other debris littered the walkway and the old house stood daunting against the night sky.