Tails From The Deep (FxF)

*Realistic Mermaid Girlfriend!*

*FxFpreg-issshhh*

*I do not own the images in the media space. A quick google search will find you all of the pictures.*

I had gone on a scuba diving trip with my family every year since I was a little girl--just me, my father, and our dog Ruby. Ruby, of course, would stay on the boat and either take a nap below deck or sunbathe, just happy to be with us.

Having found so many treasures, having seen so many beautiful and, sometimes, strange-looking fish and other sea creatures, I was determined to continue to go on this diving trip for the rest of my life.

The ocean was my passion, my one true love, and I knew I would never be able to abandon her. She had so many secrets to uncover and I felt that only being able to go to her once a year wasn't enough for me.

So, with the help of my dad on my 18th birthday, I got a job at the local aquarium in a sunny beach-side town, a little secluded broken down cabin with its own dock, and a vehicle that got me from point A to point B.

The job paid well, the cabin and dock could be easily fixed with some TLC, and the vehicle still ran like new even though it was over 20 years old.

I had hit the jackpot when my father said I could keep the boat we had always went out in...

The catch was that he was sick, had been for a while, and this was why we had missed the last diving trip we were supposed to take.

I cried and cried and told him I couldn't accept it, that he would get better and we would go out together again once he recovered...

When he passed only a few months later, I put the boat into storage and all but threw away the key. Ruby came to live with me and we hadn't been out on the water since.

My heart was broken from losing my father but I was also angry with him for thinking that setting me up here and giving me the boat would make his passing any easier on me.

That was over three years ago.

And the call to go out on the water was getting weaker and weaker with every passing year.

I had gotten a promotion at the aquarium, fixed up the cabin and dock with new boards and paint--making it better than when it had first been built, and I was able to buy a new truck, one with more pulling power than I would ever need.

And while the pull to the ocean, my mistress, was weak...it was still there.

The gentle lapping of the waves against my dock kept me at peace and sated my need to be in the water. I would often sit at the end of the dock and either have tea or coffee, depending on the time.

This was my life now--work and sit on my dock. It wasn't the life I had thought I would live but It was the one I had and even though I wanted to get into the water, I was...scared.

I had never been in the water without my father. I had never dived by myself--my confidence came from him and I was sure of it.

But...

For some reason one day...I finally took the boat out of storage and set to fixing her up.

I changed her name to give a memorial to my father--The Bright Seaman--after our last name 'Bright' and the fact that he had been the sunshine in my life, and when it was time, I set her in the water and promised myself that I would go out on her the next day.

And so I did.

I got up before dawn and set to make ready for the day with drinks and food and clothes and towels and sunscreen and a hat and sunglasses and my tank full of air and I was still scared but when I turned the key and she sputtered to life...