Gotham Skies Make Nice Kids Cry

AN + Chapter. Please don't be put off by the long AN and feel free to skip if you feel like it. :)

After asking Piper to come with me to Gotham and Jason being clueless, Piper and I decided that maybe, just maybe, we should explain where we're going when summer break's over. You know, just so they don't think that I've gone missing or something. Again. Yeah, wasn't exactly fun for everyone.

Of course, when I say that I really mean shouting a rushed "We're going to school together!" with a wave as I drag Piper down the hill with me, both of us laughing at Jason's shocked face. Letting go of her hand we continue to cabin 3, rushing in and leaning heavily on the now closed door. 

After gaining my breath I start to explain the situation I managed to bargain with Bruce. "So, we can both attend Gotham Academy, Bruce is paying, and we get to stay at the manor of course!" I tell her, watching her face become excited to be at a school so different from the previous ones, like the Wilderness school. "But," I pause, enjoying her expression shift to one of worry.

"But?" She urges.

"But! We will have to attend one of Bruce's galas a week after arriving to lessen the media impact of us living with Bruce. Says he doesn't need any rumours of new wards or possible adoptions after the one with Dick's friend. Stupid redhead" I groan out as I walk over and flop onto the bottom bunk, Piper following shortly after and plunking down next to my head. 

I guess even being used to these events doesn't make them any better, I know I hated them but Piper to? I mean, that's fair, Bruce and Dick never liked them either but I was always lucky enough to not have to attend many.

As we wallow in self-pity I hear piper shift. "So if we're going to be at a gala covered by media groups that cover a national, or even international basis," she starts, "are you going to be yourself or wearing the charm. Because if we introduce you as a girl alongside me, then if that reaches the camp where will they think you are? But if you are wearing the glam then your whole identity in Gotham will be as Perseus, do you want that?" As she finishes she observes my expressions.

She makes a good point, because there are bound to be demigods in the mortal world who follow a celebrity like Bruce Wayne, like most kids in the Athena cabin who watch for his updates on Wayne Tech. And if those kids come to camp with the information that at least one of the seven, AKA Piper, are with Bruce Wayne, and that she is also supposed to be staying with me, then where does that leave me?

The thought makes my head spin and opens the possibilities for countless situations. That sounds like a problem to discuss with Bruce. Yeah, Bruce will help with that better than I probably could. When did this all get so darn complicated...

After much consideration, I have decided that I would hate to leave this book unfinished. Since starting this book back in 2017 (WOW!) my writing style and interests in general have changed, which is the main reason it's been so long since I've updated. Lame excuse, I know. 

As I say that, I mean that by continuing this book the new chapters will be different; more descriptive, possibly less dialogue, and possibly slightly less accurate as time has passed since last reading the books or watching the series. Which brings me to my next point, why was this book so popular to begin with? I'm really curious as to what aspect made it any definition of good, was it the writing style, characters, fandoms, or was it just one of those random books you read for the sake of it? 

Feel free to answer or not, I really don't mind. Either way, I hope this lives up to your expectations and if you have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Quick shoutout to @myshka3 for the help. I really appreciate it, even if I'm a little late :).

Words: 699

Published: 3rd March 2020